Dab Radio

Old Mar 19th 2006, 9:52 am
Just Joined

robert_c1970 is on a distinguished road
Smile Dab Radio

Hi there
I was wondering if DAB radio was available in OZ.

Cheers Rob
Old Mar 19th 2006, 9:57 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dab Radio

Originally Posted by robert_c1970
Hi there

Cheers Rob
I don't think it is. But you can get digital radio through the TV - http://www.dba.org.au/index.asp?sectionID=14
Old Mar 19th 2006, 10:58 am
yeah but no but

glennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of light

I asked the same thing last week - see http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ight=dab+radioKatie x
Old Mar 19th 2006, 12:14 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: Dab Radio

Originally Posted by robert_c1970
Hi there

Cheers Rob
Yes.

And:

Aussies Unveil World's First Radio with Pics

The Australian commercial radio industry last week unveiled the world's first digital radio capable of displaying pictures, at its national conference in Sydney.

The groundbreaking prototype, called the DAB Picture Radio, will allow consumers to hear radio programs in CD-quality sound, while seeing images of artists, news reports or weather maps being broadcast on a colour screen.
Source.

Last edited by Vash the Stampede; Mar 19th 2006 at 12:18 pm.
Old Mar 19th 2006, 1:14 pm

saraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
The groundbreaking prototype, called the DAB Picture Radio, will allow consumers to hear radio programs in CD-quality sound, while seeing images of artists, news reports or weather maps being broadcast on a colour screen.
[/indent]
Source.

Grounbreaking prototype?!! Television's been around for years!
Old Mar 19th 2006, 2:07 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: Dab Radio

Originally Posted by saraliz

Grounbreaking prototype?!! Television's been around for years!
Very funny.

BTW, "groundbreaking" has a "d" in it.