Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Children's Chat Forums?

Children's Chat Forums?

Old Jul 11th 2006, 11:57 am
Forum Regular

Jim&Sus is just really niceJim&Sus is just really niceJim&Sus is just really niceJim&Sus is just really niceJim&Sus is just really niceJim&Sus is just really niceJim&Sus is just really niceJim&Sus is just really niceJim&Sus is just really niceJim&Sus is just really niceJim&Sus is just really nice
Default Children's Chat Forums?

Please can someone give me a link or tell me where to find the kids' forums so that my son can go and have a look/chat to people his own age? I know they exist, but just don't know where!*

We're hoping to fly out in Sept to Gold Coast and he wants to know more about EVERYTHING, so it'd be helpful if he could make contact with his peers. He's nearly 13.

Thanks,
Susan
Old Jul 11th 2006, 12:11 pm
Cleveland, Bayside

Rich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Children's Chat Forums?

Originally Posted by Jim&Sus
Please can someone give me a link or tell me where to find the kids' forums so that my son can go and have a look/chat to people his own age? I know they exist, but just don't know where!*

We're hoping to fly out in Sept to Gold Coast and he wants to know more about EVERYTHING, so it'd be helpful if he could make contact with his peers. He's nearly 13.

Thanks,
Susan
Hi Susan

I don't know about a children's chat forum but when we were coming over someone had started a thread for Kids for Oz and my 10 year old answered it and made a few friends from that. There are loads of kids out there that would chat to him. He is best setting up his own username and startin his own thread callin all kids in GOld Coast.

Give it a go and see what happens, sorry can't help you out much than that. But if he needs to get some infgo email me and Ill get our neighbours to chat to him he is 14 and an Aussie.

Ang
Old Jul 11th 2006, 12:19 pm
Forum Regular

Jim&Sus is just really niceJim&Sus is just really niceJim&Sus is just really niceJim&Sus is just really niceJim&Sus is just really niceJim&Sus is just really niceJim&Sus is just really niceJim&Sus is just really niceJim&Sus is just really niceJim&Sus is just really niceJim&Sus is just really nice

Hi Ang,

Thanks for that. Will see what he'd like to call himself and get him to start a thread. Failing that, I'll ask him if he'd like to 'speak' to your neighbour. Don't know what kind of questions he'll come up with tho'! Think he's getting a bit nervous of starting new school, etc.

Susan
Old Jul 11th 2006, 12:28 pm
Cleveland, Bayside

Rich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Ang,

Thanks for that. Will see what he'd like to call himself and get him to start a thread. Failing that, I'll ask him if he'd like to 'speak' to your neighbour. Don't know what kind of questions he'll come up with tho'! Think he's getting a bit nervous of starting new school, etc.

Susan
He'll be fine at school. The kids make them feel at ease. Its great he will love it Aimee does she thinks its great.
What part of the Gold Coast are you heading for?
If you want to speak to my neighbour PM me and Ill pass the details on and myb he can chat on MSN or via email.

Cheers
Ang
Old Jul 11th 2006, 12:40 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rich and Angie
He'll be fine at school. The kids make them feel at ease. Its great he will love it Aimee does she thinks its great.
What part of the Gold Coast are you heading for?
If you want to speak to my neighbour PM me and Ill pass the details on and myb he can chat on MSN or via email.

Cheers
Ang

We're hoping to rent somewhere in Upper Coomera as we've enrolled the kids (12 and 9) at Upper Coomera State College. He's a bit unsure (as as we) as to what year he'll be slotted into. He's just finished his first year of high school here, but we think he'll have to repeat the last 3 months of this year up until December 2006, before starting the equivalent 2nd year of high school (Year 9?) in Oz.

Will talk to him tonight and see if he wants to make contact with your neighbour - thanks again.

Susan
Old Jul 11th 2006, 12:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

jwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks,
Susan
Hi Susan
If you go the discussion forum, scroll down to the "general forum" you will see the heading "youth forum" thats where all the teenagers hang out.
Jackie
Old Jul 11th 2006, 12:47 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jwood
Hi Susan
If you go the discussion forum, scroll down to the "general forum" you will see the heading "youth forum" thats where all the teenagers hang out.
Jackie

Hi Jackie,

Thanks for that! Will definitely take a look.

Susan
Old Jul 11th 2006, 1:46 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jackie,

Thanks for that! Will definitely take a look.

Susan
Be warned! Its written in some strange teenage tongue - can't understand a word of it myself!!!