Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Children's allowance in OZ?????

Children's allowance in OZ?????

Old Jul 7th 2008, 12:46 pm
Forum Regular

Ryaner is just really niceRyaner is just really niceRyaner is just really niceRyaner is just really niceRyaner is just really niceRyaner is just really niceRyaner is just really niceRyaner is just really niceRyaner is just really nice
Default Children's allowance in OZ?????

Hi

Does anyone know if you can get children's allowance in OZ in you have PR?
Old Jul 7th 2008, 1:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

helena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Children's allowance in OZ?????

Originally Posted by Ryaner
Hi

Does anyone know if you can get children's allowance in OZ in you have PR?
Hi,

Yes you do get children's allowance on a PR visa. You go to the centerlink when you get there. They evaluate you on your earnings
Old Jul 7th 2008, 2:28 pm
Just Joined

Vba782 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Sorry if this has already been answered but can i claim children's allowance if i am on a 457 visa?

Thanks

vba782
Old Jul 7th 2008, 3:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

helena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Vba782
Hi

Sorry if this has already been answered but can i claim children's allowance if i am on a 457 visa?

Thanks

vba782
No, to the best of my knowledge you have to be a PR
Old Jul 7th 2008, 7:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold

hi~ here is a link to the benefits that are available and the criteria to receive them..

http://www.australia.gov.au/Family_P...s_&_Allowances
Old Jul 8th 2008, 7:42 pm
Just Joined

Vba782 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks very much Maple Leaf, this link is a great help
Old Jul 8th 2008, 11:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to behold

Thank you VERY much Maple Leaf. Lots of people told me that we wouldn't be entitled to anything as it's all means tested but by working through one of the calculators on that site I've found out we should be able to get over $2,000 in tax benefit for last year Serves me right for being lazy and not checking properly before.
Old Jul 9th 2008, 3:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold

you're welcome!!!

and isn't it exciting!! a move to australia!! i wish you well on your adventure!

maple leaf~
Old Jul 13th 2008, 8:16 am
Canberra bound

killamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond repute

when you say earnings - does that also take into account savings held in a bank account?