Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Children need help!!!

Children need help!!!

Old Nov 20th 2003, 6:24 pm
Forum Regular

metter is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Children need help!!!

I am in the process of applying for a PR as a nurse. My son is 14 years old and has 1 1/2 years left at school :lecture: . We hope to make the move when he leaves.
Problem is he is not overly happy (but then what 14 year old is). What I need is positive comments (in this forum!!!!) from either people with children aged 14-16 when moved to Oz who are now very happy (I don't want the Pi**ed off back home ones ) or from the children themselves. He is coming for 2 years like it or not but one would like to give the kid a feeling that life will not end as we know it (just all his postive social contacts).

Cheers

Metter
Old Nov 20th 2003, 6:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Edens Landing, half way between Brisbane and Gold coast
Paul&Ann-Marie will become famous soon enough

our kids are much younger ( 6 and 8 ) so afraid we can't help much on this one. We did however express to them that they'll be able to keep in touch over the internet with the webcam etc. also the weather and outdoor pursuits etc.

Perhaps if you posted where you intend to move to, people could tell you what there is in the area.
Also, with the amount of people on here that intend to go,he may find someone in a similar position to talk to or exchange views..................there again ,that may backfire and they both refuse to go lol.

Hope you find a happy medium and good luck with everything.

Paul
Old Nov 20th 2003, 7:55 pm
Just Joined

helma is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Children need help!!!

Originally posted by metter
I am in the process of applying for a PR as a nurse. My son is 14 years old and has 1 1/2 years left at school :lecture: . We hope to make the move when he leaves.
Problem is he is not overly happy (but then what 14 year old is). What I need is positive comments (in this forum!!!!) from either people with children aged 14-16 when moved to Oz who are now very happy (I don't want the Pi**ed off back home ones ) or from the children themselves. He is coming for 2 years like it or not but one would like to give the kid a feeling that life will not end as we know it (just all his postive social contacts).

Cheers

Metter
Hi Metter,
I am also in a similar situation to you. We are emmigrating to Brissie in June 2004 and our oldest son will have just completed his GCSES.:lecture: He is feeling quite possitive about it all. Maybe when we arrive we can give you loads of possitive feedback. Our other 2 kids are 12 and 13. I am also a nurse

Helma
Old Nov 20th 2003, 8:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

claireg3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry this is completely off track but there seem to be a lot of nurses fleeing the sinking ship at the minute (me included)

Claire