Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

child trust fund

child trust fund

Old Mar 3rd 2007, 8:50 pm
Forum Regular

turkey12903 is a jewel in the roughturkey12903 is a jewel in the roughturkey12903 is a jewel in the roughturkey12903 is a jewel in the rough
Default child trust fund

does anyone know if the newbie will recieve the 2nd payment after we have emigrated ?
Old Mar 4th 2007, 12:15 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: child trust fund

If you have your child in the UK, the new one will get the payment. If you are living in Australia, they won't.
Old Mar 4th 2007, 6:06 pm
Forum Regular

turkey12903 is a jewel in the roughturkey12903 is a jewel in the roughturkey12903 is a jewel in the roughturkey12903 is a jewel in the rough

thanx 4 your reply i pom,as baby was born in uk 8months old now,he has already recieved and invested the first £250 the government sent him.he should recieve the 2nd payment directly into the savings account at age 7.(they are also considering a further payment of £250 at secondary school age).
i just dont know if he would be entitled to the further payments once we have left the uk.
i have now found a helpline nb
Old Mar 4th 2007, 7:38 pm
Forum Regular

UK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to all

Originally Posted by turkey12903
thanx 4 your reply i pom,as baby was born in uk 8months old now,he has already recieved and invested the first £250 the government sent him.he should recieve the 2nd payment directly into the savings account at age 7.(they are also considering a further payment of £250 at secondary school age).
i just dont know if he would be entitled to the further payments once we have left the uk.
i have now found a helpline nb
Hi there, we have a 1 year old daughter and I was wondering whether she would be entitled to the 2 further payments once we are in Oz. Could you tell me the helpline number you found?

Hayley
Old Mar 4th 2007, 8:03 pm
Forum Regular

hi haley,
www.childtrustfund.gov.uk
phone numbers 8am -8pm 7 days wk
in the uk 0845 302 1470
overseas 00 441355 359 002

i will be giving them a ring in the morn

K
Old Mar 4th 2007, 8:37 pm
visa holder

mark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Just found this on the website

Q. What if I have a child, open a Child Trust Fund (CTF) account, leave the UK with my child then come back at some point in the future?
A. Your child’s CTF account will be open for them until they are 18 when they become entitled to the money in it. A further Government payment will be made when the child is 7 years old - your child will not get this payment unless they are resident in the UK and child benefit is in payment for them on their 7th birthday. You will be able to put money into the CTF account from abroad.

Joex
Old Mar 4th 2007, 8:49 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks that's saved me a phone call...... 30min on hold press 1 press 2...etc
Old Mar 5th 2007, 1:55 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by turkey12903
Thanks that's saved me a phone call...... 30min on hold press 1 press 2...etc
You may want to look at the tax implications on this two. IIRC there were some threads way back when where the ATO had considered these funds overseas investment income and taxed accordingly...

S