Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Frankston, Mount Eliza or Mornington

Frankston, Mount Eliza or Mornington

Old Mar 4th 2007, 8:19 am
Forum Regular

pippin lara has much to be proud ofpippin lara has much to be proud ofpippin lara has much to be proud ofpippin lara has much to be proud ofpippin lara has much to be proud ofpippin lara has much to be proud ofpippin lara has much to be proud ofpippin lara has much to be proud ofpippin lara has much to be proud ofpippin lara has much to be proud ofpippin lara has much to be proud of
Default Frankston, Mount Eliza or Mornington

Can anyone give me their opinions on living in the above places.

We're currently based in Mornington, but are hoping to buy somewhere in this area.

I've heard to bad things about Frankston as a place, but the high school seems to have a good reputation. Also, commuting by train would be easier from Frankston as it's the last stop and other places further down the coast would require some more travel.

Frankston South has been recommended, but what's the difference (apart from location!)?

Haven't been in Mount Eliza yet, but I get the impression it will be similar to Mornington, although the town centre seems to be further away from the beach than Mornington.

Any thoughts appreciated

David
Old Mar 5th 2007, 1:21 am
Hants to Mel Aug 05

Lindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to all
Default Re: Frankston, Mount Eliza or Mornington

Try asking the question on Britvics as there are a few living down that way.

http://z7.invisionfree.com/BritVics/
Old Mar 5th 2007, 3:07 am
Just Joined

LA62 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by pippin lara
Can anyone give me their opinions on living in the above places.

We're currently based in Mornington, but are hoping to buy somewhere in this area.

I've heard to bad things about Frankston as a place, but the high school seems to have a good reputation. Also, commuting by train would be easier from Frankston as it's the last stop and other places further down the coast would require some more travel.

Frankston South has been recommended, but what's the difference (apart from location!)?

Haven't been in Mount Eliza yet, but I get the impression it will be similar to Mornington, although the town centre seems to be further away from the beach than Mornington.

Any thoughts appreciated

David
Hi there

we live in mount Eliza and love it

my hubbie needs to be in the city asome days so he frives 5 mins to frankson and hops on the train no big deal

frankson has a bad reputaion but frankston south is nice enough
Old Mar 5th 2007, 5:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Caroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really nice

Hi David,

We are currently in Mt.Eliza which I really like. The village centre has a Safeway, Richies, several restaurants, cafes, banks and a few poncey boutiques. I like the beach side and non-beach side of Mt.Eliza equally however you do appear to get more value for money on the non-beach side, that is, the 3/4 acre plots. The Walkers Rd area & Wooralla drive area's are good. I was recently at a house in Tower Hill road and was surprised at the wonderful Bay and Moorooduc Plains view. Plus, most of the primary schools are on that side. They all have good reputations.

Alot of Frankston South is Mt.Eliza without the postcode and there is some snobbery about it being 'Frankston'. It's North Frankston that is supposed to be rough as this is where most of the council housing was built - check out this wikipedia entry http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Frankston However, much of S.Frankston is lovely in my opinion especially the Humphries Rd area (the border of Frankston South and Mt.Eliza) There are lots of courts (cul de sacs) and big bush blocks. For more regular houses check out the area around the Norman Ave shops and the resevoir. Frankston High School is meant to be great and the primary schools good too ie Derinya and Overport Rd.

Canandian Bay beach at the end of Canadian Bay Rd is lovely.

I notice realestate.com.au has a map facility (see the tabs at the top of the search function) now so you can search for houses in your price range and actually see which street they are in.

Last edited by Caroline G; Mar 5th 2007 at 5:49 am.