Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Child support agency and Oz

Child support agency and Oz

Old Jul 14th 2008, 11:20 am
BE Enthusiast

tasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Child support agency and Oz

Originally Posted by Martin J
Wow! I feel as though i wrote this thread myself! Exact same position.

I have a 12 yr old whose mother is a catatonic headcase! And thats putting it mildly.

I pay almost £400 per calendar month through the CSA and have no hope of keeping this up if i want to pay for him to come over.

I am having to consider cancelling the UK CSA order and waiting for them to review my AU circumstances and then possibly chasing me for a new order.

I happily paid for 10 years on a private agreement but she got greedy and wanted more so called the CSA. She has never worked a day in her life, yet manages to wear all the gear and visit the salon at least once a week! My son sees little or nothing of the money i send.

She calls and laughs at me on the phone trying to rub in how well she is doing while she screws the benefits agency and has her other half living with her as well!

10 years is a long time to live to learn with nutters like this, but i still feel like losing it when i think about it! :curse:
Hi

We're definately not going to be able to afford it when we move. We've gone through a bad time financially in the past and when we were late with one payment she rang us. OH told her that if she made things difficult then we were going to declare ourselves bankrupt and then she would get not a lot. Its very hard, we'd like to sit his son down and explain everything, but she won't let him have any control over his life. He just gets very upset. He wanted to join the RAF but she won't let him as he might have to fight. Its quite sad to see how she controls him. We once had a solicitors letter because we had the cheek to take him for a haircut without her permission. Hopefully one day he'll rebel.

Tracyxx
Old Jul 14th 2008, 11:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Wandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud of

I have a 12 yr old whose mother is a catatonic headcase! And thats putting it mildly.

I pay almost £400 per calendar month through the CSA and have no hope of keeping this up if i want to pay for him to come over.

I am having to consider cancelling the UK CSA order and waiting for them to review my AU circumstances and then possibly chasing me for a new order.

I happily paid for 10 years on a private agreement but she got greedy and wanted more so called the CSA. She has never worked a day in her life, yet manages to wear all the gear and visit the salon at least once a week! My son sees little or nothing of the money i send.

She calls and laughs at me on the phone trying to rub in how well she is doing while she screws the benefits agency and has her other half living with her as well!

10 years is a long time to live to learn with nutters like this, but i still feel like losing it when i think about it! :curse:
God I thought my OH Ex was bad......yours does sound a bit barking!!!!

We have the problem that the Ex is under the illusion we are loaded because we both work full time.

My OH went bankrupt as a result of trying to provide for his kids. Once everything is paid he has approx £300 per month for himself including paying for the kids when we have them.

She claims, single person council tax, working family tax credits, child allowance, free school meals etc plus she also works but not to affect her benefits.

Our agreement is outside of the CSA so she doesn't pay tax on it. She pays little tax anyway as she won't work anymore than she has too.

So in effect we pay for them directly and indirectly via the government!

Cx
Old Jul 14th 2008, 11:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Wandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by tasmas
Hi

We're definately not going to be able to afford it when we move. We've gone through a bad time financially in the past and when we were late with one payment she rang us. OH told her that if she made things difficult then we were going to declare ourselves bankrupt and then she would get not a lot. Its very hard, we'd like to sit his son down and explain everything, but she won't let him have any control over his life. He just gets very upset. He wanted to join the RAF but she won't let him as he might have to fight. Its quite sad to see how she controls him. We once had a solicitors letter because we had the cheek to take him for a haircut without her permission. Hopefully one day he'll rebel.

Tracyxx
Well it took me a long time to understand what went on between my mum and dad but the truth always comes out and as adults they make up their own minds about who did what.

What goes around comes around, sounds like she will end up a lonely woman!!

Every dog has their day and all that!!!

Cx
Old Jul 14th 2008, 2:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

tasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Wandathecat
Well it took me a long time to understand what went on between my mum and dad but the truth always comes out and as adults they make up their own minds about who did what.

What goes around comes around, sounds like she will end up a lonely woman!!

Every dog has their day and all that!!!

Cx
I think one day he will want to live with us. She smothers him. Vets all his friends and he's not even allowed on a bus incase he gets hurt. Never rode a bike and we had to teach him to tie his shoe laces when he was 13 cause she'd always done it for him!! Hubby wants to drag him to amsterdam when he's 17, let him see what a bit of life is like. He should be behind the school drinking cider and smoking fags on the sly at 16, not worried about what his mummy thinks.

Before anyone gets on their soapbox about what I just said I'm trying to make a point, I don't condone kids doing that, but its part of growing up.

Back to the point of the original post - what is the worst they can do to you in Oz? You can only afford what you can afford right? I wouldn't worry about it.

tracy
Old Jul 14th 2008, 10:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

They are 10 and 11

x
I suggest you try to keep her sweet, as she "could" if she found a new partner willing to have the kids adopted by them if you fail to maintain contact and some kind of maintenance payments (very harsh I know, but could happen). If you leave the country and are unable to prove contact & payments made then she can claim you've abandoned them.
I'm not sure how you could get kids over for 2 months as only get 6 weeks in summer and would she be willing to pack kids up and put them on a plane (alone)??? and not see them for 6 weeks?
I fully understand how difficult will be but please be careful how you proceed.
Hope you can post your experiences of how it all goes once you're allover in Aus, as I know there are lots on here with the same issues and worries
Old Jul 15th 2008, 7:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Australia_bound?
I suggest you try to keep her sweet, as she "could" if she found a new partner willing to have the kids adopted by them if you fail to maintain contact and some kind of maintenance payments (very harsh I know, but could happen). If you leave the country and are unable to prove contact & payments made then she can claim you've abandoned them.
I'm not sure how you could get kids over for 2 months as only get 6 weeks in summer and would she be willing to pack kids up and put them on a plane (alone)??? and not see them for 6 weeks?
I fully understand how difficult will be but please be careful how you proceed.
Hope you can post your experiences of how it all goes once you're allover in Aus, as I know there are lots on here with the same issues and worries
Contact is very important to both of us, we have set up Skype, mobiles etc for them. The downside is that the ex wife isn't very disciplined on making them call us (we just say call and we will call back). We end up leaving endless messages until we do get hold of them but then thats kids for you.

Don't think it would ever come to her declaring abandonment, he is a very supportive parent and wants to be with them as much as possible. They will be coming out with their Gran in the summer and she seems ok with that. They are already coming out for Xmas with the grandparents for 4 weeks!!!!

I just wish the system was more fair!
Old Jul 15th 2008, 11:43 am
BE Forum Addict

WelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by tasmas
I think one day he will want to live with us. She smothers him. Vets all his friends and he's not even allowed on a bus incase he gets hurt. Never rode a bike and we had to teach him to tie his shoe laces when he was 13 cause she'd always done it for him!! Hubby wants to drag him to amsterdam when he's 17, let him see what a bit of life is like. He should be behind the school drinking cider and smoking fags on the sly at 16, not worried about what his mummy thinks.

Before anyone gets on their soapbox about what I just said I'm trying to make a point, I don't condone kids doing that, but its part of growing up.

Back to the point of the original post - what is the worst they can do to you in Oz? You can only afford what you can afford right? I wouldn't worry about it.

tracy

WTF!!! My son was 16 last week and i let him travel by bus alone for the first time a month ago. Keep kids as kids for as long as possible I believe..
Old Jul 15th 2008, 11:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by justsarah
WTF!!! My son was 16 last week and i let him travel by bus alone for the first time a month ago. Keep kids as kids for as long as possible I believe..
So tying his shoelaces for him, vetting his friends, letting him eat with his fingers, not letting him have a bike etc etc that is keeping him as a kid?????? That is keeping him as a baby. This boy is 16. Practically an adult. Adult enough to ring us last night and say that unless his mummy gets all HER maintenance he will not be visiting his dad anymore, and he doesn't like it here cause we don't let him eat crisps for breakfast and we make him use a knife and a fork. I think a blackmailer at 16 proves he's no kid anymore.

Hey wandathecat, so keeping back the money for the week that he's visiting us worked out well!!!!!!! OH very upset with what son said, apparently his mummy needs that money, its her maintenance. When he's up here with us we have to pay for his bed and board here and to her aswell even though he's not there!!!

Bloody ex-wife money grabbing lazy b***h!!!:curse:
Old Jul 15th 2008, 10:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

donna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to behold

For those of you that know your exwifes are being fraudulant(having someone else live with them without declaring it)why dont you dob them in?
Maybe ive simplified it ,but they are committing an offence.
donna
Old Jul 16th 2008, 1:24 am
BE Enthusiast

dejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud of

If that were my ex, I would be seriously thinking about fighting for custody of my child.

Just a thought for those of you affected by this - is custody/migration not a feasible option?
Old Jul 16th 2008, 7:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by donna
For those of you that know your exwifes are being fraudulant(having someone else live with them without declaring it)why dont you dob them in?
Maybe ive simplified it ,but they are committing an offence.
donna
Have tried, just never seems to get followed up! I guess they are more interested in bigger offenders.

Either way, if she was to be found fraudulant then who will they look too for even more support.........!
Old Jul 21st 2008, 2:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

your ex and my OH ex could be the same person

OH has told his ex he will pay her direct when we get to OZ and pay direct into her bank account so we have proof he has still been paying with out CSA.
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 5:29 am
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Once you live in Oz, the UK CSA cannot chase you for payment! They have no jurisdiction to do so. One of their rules is that the paying parent and the child must both be in the UK. (You can check this yourself from the info on their website.)

Your ex-wife could contact the Australian CSA and they could chase you for payment. (Your ex would have to find out about this first though.)

Gina
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 6:03 am
BE Enthusiast

eve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to all

Have tried, just never seems to get followed up! I guess they are more interested in bigger offenders.

Either way, if she was to be found fraudulant then who will they look too for even more support.........!

Someone I know was recently given some cash by a relative, this person is a single parent of three and on benefits, receives CSA for one and irregular amounts from other two dads, someone has grassed her up and she has to attend an interview, this has all happened in the space of a few weeks.

I agree dob in benefit fraudsters, make sure you have plently if info and details about the person and what type of benefit fraud they are commiting together.

If you have a current order for contact you may want to consider getting it amended before you go to OZ as doing this from Oz will be extremely expensive. If you have agreements already wit our ex regarding contact once you have moved then it would be relatively easy and quick to get the court to make an order.

Eve x
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 6:05 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WelshSarah
Kids need to learn common sense. If they are not given the tools to do this then they end up as useless adults. I believe kids should allowed to be kids for as long as possible but at 16 a young person should have enough tools to do certain things and travelling on public transport is one of them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.