Child Benefit

Old May 14th 2006, 7:40 am
Forum Regular

hindon is just really nicehindon is just really nicehindon is just really nicehindon is just really nicehindon is just really nicehindon is just really nicehindon is just really nicehindon is just really nicehindon is just really nice
Default Child Benefit

Will We Have To Close The Childrens Post Office Accounts And Do You Still Get Child Benefit In Oz?
Old May 14th 2006, 7:48 am
BE Enthusiast

tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Child Benefit

Originally Posted by hindon
Will We Have To Close The Childrens Post Office Accounts And Do You Still Get Child Benefit In Oz?
you can look here regarding benifits www.centrelink.com.au
Old May 14th 2006, 9:23 am
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hindon
www.immi.gov.au/settle/work/income_support.htm

This link is where I found my child benefit info, cheers
Old May 14th 2006, 9:52 am
Forum Regular

marcbolam is a jewel in the roughmarcbolam is a jewel in the roughmarcbolam is a jewel in the roughmarcbolam is a jewel in the roughmarcbolam is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by manxfamily
www.immi.gov.au/settle/work/income_support.htm

This link is where I found my child benefit info, cheers
we have just claimed for the kids after being here 2 weeks and its similiar to the uk system - $100 a fortnight so my wife tells me
(this was for 2 kids)
Old May 14th 2006, 10:20 am
I don't re Member

andrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by marcbolam
we have just claimed for the kids after being here 2 weeks and its similiar to the uk system - $100 a fortnight so my wife tells me
(this was for 2 kids)
But it is all means tested here (I think in all States) and they will claim back from you if at the end of the financial year if you have earned too much. Eg, $110k pa joint income, 3 kids = nothing.

Andrew
Old May 14th 2006, 10:43 am
BE Enthusiast

kimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by andrew63
But it is all means tested here (I think in all States) and they will claim back from you if at the end of the financial year if you have earned too much. Eg, $110k pa joint income, 3 kids = nothing.

Andrew

Yes same here in WA, means tested

Kim
Old May 14th 2006, 10:58 am
BE Enthusiast

TillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of light

If you're on the 457 visa, though, you're not entitled to the Oz child benefit (Family Tax Credit, it's called).

You're also not entitled to the UK one once you leave the country.

So, if you're on the 457, like me, you're financially worse off from that point of view