Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Cheapest prepaid UK mobile sim?? (Oz spending Xmas in UK)

Cheapest prepaid UK mobile sim?? (Oz spending Xmas in UK)

Old Dec 9th 2012, 8:03 am
BE Enthusiast

jacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud of
Default Cheapest prepaid UK mobile sim?? (Oz spending Xmas in UK)

Hi Guys

I am making the trip home for Chrissie but will need a phone whilst I am there.

I have an unlocked mobile phone, can anyone recommend a prepaid 10 pounds sim card I can easily buy?

Thanks in advance.

Old Dec 9th 2012, 8:19 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cheapest prepaid UK mobile sim?? (Oz spending Xmas in UK)

There are lots of options now, but the one I use is http://giffgaff.com/

Top up with a £12 goody bag - 250 UK minutes, unlimited UK texts and unlimited mobile Internet for one month.

http://giffgaff.com/goodybags/12pound-goodybag

You do need an address to get the SIM sent to.
Old Dec 9th 2012, 8:42 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jacknscoob
Hi Guys

I am making the trip home for Chrissie but will need a phone whilst I am there.

I have an unlocked mobile phone, can anyone recommend a prepaid 10 pounds sim card I can easily buy?

Thanks in advance.

Go to somewhere like TESCO, you can buy a sim card there for £10, most of the major supermarkets have sim only deals which will go into any UNLOCKED phone, and no waiting for delivery.
Old Dec 9th 2012, 11:29 am
BE Enthusiast

jacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Go to somewhere like TESCO, you can buy a sim card there for £10, most of the major supermarkets have sim only deals which will go into any UNLOCKED phone, and no waiting for delivery.
Yes, a sim only deal is cool with me as I dont need the net and cant have delivery as I am turning up on the doorstop a surprise.

I am hoping that one of the 3 fones I am taking are unlocked

Is there a particular sim which has the cheapest call rates anyone knows of?
Old Dec 9th 2012, 12:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

You can usually find a "little man in the market" who will unlock them if they arent too ancient. My DH has a 3 sim which is ample for his needs and I have an 02 one - neither of us spends more than £10 in the month and both of us get a good data allowance as part of that -DH's is probably marginally more generous than mine but I have a cheapo bolt on for overseas calls which his doesnt have. Coverage is about the same. Getting a sim is a breeze.