Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Cheaper buy car in Townsville or Brisbane

Cheaper buy car in Townsville or Brisbane

Old Jul 5th 2007, 12:29 pm
Forum Regular

No Idea is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Cheaper buy car in Townsville or Brisbane

We will be looking abuying one/possibility two new cars when we arrive in OZ. I have read with amazement how others managed to negotiate fantastic deals.

I'm wondering if it would be cheaper to buy a car in Brisbane and drive it up to Townsville (used to driving long distances!!) as there might be more competition compared to Townsville/ Cairns?? (We are going to Townsville but thought Cairns might be an option as well, although it will be Jan and the roads might be cut off)

Or is Townsville really competitive being smaller etc.

No idea on what type of cars yet......either a people mover or 4wd (for me and the kids) and something smallish for dh to dash around in.

Cheers
Felicity
Old Jul 11th 2007, 1:21 am
Just Joined

racquet is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Cheaper buy car in Townsville or Brisbane

Hi,
I sell quality late model used cars in Brisbane - definitely cheaper down here,and a larger selection. With the advent of the internet I have been selling cars to north queensland on a regular basis and freighting them up for people(it works out a lot cheaper). Check out my blurb at koalakonnection.com.au......email me [email protected]---check out www.torquetoyota.com.au,
Cheers Paul