Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Which is cheaper ?

Which is cheaper ?

Old Oct 15th 2006, 12:39 pm
Forum Regular

lang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud of
Default Which is cheaper ?

Hi everyone,

I am looking to rent a house (for 2) when i arrive in OZ this November and need some advice on which city has the cheaper prices. I was looking at Perth and Brisbane, however i have read that the boom in Perth has now made it the second most expensive city in which to buy property.
Any information on the other cities would also be appreciated.
Is Sydney really that expensive when compared to the other cities ?
Old Oct 15th 2006, 1:38 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Which is cheaper ?

Originally Posted by lang81
Hi everyone,

I am looking to rent a house (for 2) when i arrive in OZ this November and need some advice on which city has the cheaper prices. I was looking at Perth and Brisbane, however i have read that the boom in Perth has now made it the second most expensive city in which to buy property.
Any information on the other cities would also be appreciated.
Is Sydney really that expensive when compared to the other cities ?

When you say you want to rent a house, in Perth or Brisbane, do you want the Central Business District (CBD) slap bang in the middle of the action or would you consider living half an hour out, or more from the city. It's a bit hard to answer the qu without more info.
Old Oct 15th 2006, 2:20 pm
Forum Regular

lang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Which is cheaper ?

I don't want to be to far from the main drag, however if i could get a better property for my money then a half hour commute would not be a problem.
Originally Posted by iPom
When you say you want to rent a house, in Perth or Brisbane, do you want the Central Business District (CBD) slap bang in the middle of the action or would you consider living half an hour out, or more from the city. It's a bit hard to answer the qu without more info.