Hello everybody

Old Oct 13th 2006, 1:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hello everybody

I have been living in Australia for five years and have recently found this site; it's brilliant, I love it, so it was about time I joined and started posting. But where to start? I am very fond of the 'moving back to the UK' section, for no matter how hard I try not to want to move back, I still do want to move back. It's very tricky when you have an Aussie husband, who I don't think really wants to leave Australia.

I will keep reading and try to join in when I can.

Thanks everybody for a fascinating site.

Rosie Cheeks
Old Oct 13th 2006, 1:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello everybody

Originally Posted by Rosie Cheeks
I have been living in Australia for five years and have recently found this site; it's brilliant, I love it, so it was about time I joined and started posting. But where to start? I am very fond of the 'moving back to the UK' section, for no matter how hard I try not to want to move back, I still do want to move back. It's very tricky when you have an Aussie husband, who I don't think really wants to leave Australia.

Rosie Cheeks

Welcome to BE Rosie. Sorry to hear you are having a hard time, I really admire those of you who stay here for your partners. A very selfless thing to do, don't know if I could do the same. I'd hope so, but somehow think it would be too hard for me.
Old Oct 13th 2006, 2:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
Welcome to BE Rosie. Sorry to hear you are having a hard time, I really admire those of you who stay here for your partners. A very selfless thing to do, don't know if I could do the same. I'd hope so, but somehow think it would be too hard for me.
Hi Wendy

Thank you for you reply.

I have a love/hate relationship with Australia. Good times mixed with bad.

I have fabulous parents in law, who I would miss terribly, as would my husband and children if we left Australia. I, of course miss my family in the UK, but above all this, in Australia I "miss myself", I would love to go back to my roots to meet me again.
Old Oct 13th 2006, 6:56 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Rosie Cheeks
Hi there, I too am now married to an Aussie!!! but only recently as he's only just been granted citizenship by descent, hence the impending move to Aus..
Sorry to hear you've not settled that well and miss the UK, have you been back to the UK since you moved? Homesickness is one of my biggest worries, but if we don't try we'll never know will we?
Where abouts on the GC are you as thats where we are heading..... C x
Old Oct 13th 2006, 11:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by shiels
Hi there, I too am now married to an Aussie!!! but only recently as he's only just been granted citizenship by descent, hence the impending move to Aus..
Sorry to hear you've not settled that well and miss the UK, have you been back to the UK since you moved? Homesickness is one of my biggest worries, but if we don't try we'll never know will we?
Where abouts on the GC are you as thats where we are heading..... C x
Hi Sheils
I live in Benowa, which part are you heading to? Have you organised your accomodation?
Moving to Australia with my wonderful Aussie hubby was so exciting, and looking back there is no way I wouldn't have done it. Our first son was just nine months old, I dived head first into the move and it was fun....organising, packing etc. And then eventually we arrived.......and the homesickness hit like a ten tonne truck, what a shock! I wasn't expecting that at all! I hadn't even considred it, I was so pleased to read that you are sensible and at least considering that homesickness could be a problem, I didn't even know it existed!!! Daft I know, but there you go.
I haven't been back to the UK at all, which is very sad. My parents haven't been to visit, but my brother and sister have. Not seeing your Mum and Dad for five years is just horrible.
You won't regret moving to Aus, I don't, I would have preferred a different outcome for me and how I relate to Australia. But you should see my five (nearly six) year old, he is an absolute delight, he is thriving here. Would he have been as he is if he hadn't spent most of his life here? I don't know, probably not.

The very best of luck to you and your Aussie! Enjoy the move, it is a very exciting time.

Rosie Cheeks
Old Oct 14th 2006, 6:49 am
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

We are at first heading to Tallebudgara Valley as we are staying with a 2nd Cousin until we sort ourselves which is great. After that I'm not sure where we will end up!!!
The thought of homesickness is in the forefront of my mind already as my dad can't fly due to ill health so we know we will only see him on any return visits to the UK.
Maybe a trip to the UK is what you need to remind you of what your not missing Country wise? Don't think it will be much though.......Where are you originally from?
My kids are 13 and 10 so we are hoping to slow down their childhood a little and enjoy it more as here in the UK they are expected to grow up so fast. C x
Old Oct 14th 2006, 8:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by shiels
We are at first heading to Tallebudgara Valley as we are staying with a 2nd Cousin until we sort ourselves which is great. After that I'm not sure where we will end up!!!
The thought of homesickness is in the forefront of my mind already as my dad can't fly due to ill health so we know we will only see him on any return visits to the UK.
Maybe a trip to the UK is what you need to remind you of what your not missing Country wise? Don't think it will be much though.......Where are you originally from?
My kids are 13 and 10 so we are hoping to slow down their childhood a little and enjoy it more as here in the UK they are expected to grow up so fast. C x
When are you leaving the UK? Tallebudgera Valley is really lovely, have you been there before? Isn't it great to have people to stay with?
You are right a trip home is definately the thing to do. We are planning a trip for next year. Haven't been home yet for many, many reasons. The birth of our second baby was one of them! He is now nearly 7 months old. Other reasons due to our work situation, alot of very difficult stuff to deal with. We are now re-organising our working life to allow us time off for holidays, this will happen next year, so I only have 9 mths to wait until I can have a holiday to the UK. You might want to get your violin out now, but we have only had 9 days of holiday in the last four years!!! This most certainly contributes to my increasing frustration with living in Australia.
I was born in Devizes, Wiltshire, of Irish descent. And I have lived in various places in Wiltshire, until I moved to Derry, Northern Ireland, then Belfast. We then lived in North Wales for about four years. I wasn't concerned about homesickeness in the least prior to moving to Australia, because I absolutely love living in different places, and getting stuck into the interesting things that go on, grabbing the bull by the horns. I hadn't lived near family for a long time in the UK, so was used to being away from them, but that was OK anyway as I had really good friends in all the places I have lived. Belfast has to be my favourite place, love it. We travelled alot in Europe. and I really miss that. Yes, I do miss my family, but it's more than that for me. I didn't have any compelling reason to leave the UK, I did it because I could, and didn't have any reason not to. I didn't weigh it up properly.
You seem to know what you are doing, not like me. I wish I had BE five years ago!
All the best
Old Oct 14th 2006, 1:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

gina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond repute

Rosie Cheeks
Hi Rosie just emailed about curry, pleased to meet ya hun!

hope we can meet at meet............if that makes any sense at all that is

hugs geex
Old Oct 14th 2006, 2:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gina
Hi Rosie just emailed about curry, pleased to meet ya hun!

hope we can meet at meet............if that makes any sense at all that is

hugs geex
Hello there again Gee!
Blimey you get about a bit.
Where you from then?

Meeting at a meet is a great place to meet, make perfect sense to me.
Old Oct 14th 2006, 2:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

gina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond repute

Hello there again Gee!
Blimey you get about a bit.
Where you from then?

Meeting at a meet is a great place to meet, make perfect sense to me.
im from mamchester, living out of a bin bag currently soon to be on mount tambourine

if the bloody solicitor pulls her finger out that is

still..............its sunny gotta be thank full for some thing

and you?

hugs geex
Old Oct 14th 2006, 2:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

im from mamchester, living out of a bin bag currently soon to be on mount tambourine

and you?

hugs geex
Southern Softy me. Still they can't touch you for it.
Love Manchester, last city I was in before I left UK.
Originally from Wiltshire.
Have lived in Derry, Belfast, Bangor (North Wales), Bodelwyddan (North Wales)
One Welsh Baby, One Aussie Gold Coast baby, the present Mr Cheeks is a Victorian Aussie.
Old Oct 14th 2006, 2:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

and you?

hugs geex
I know the best conveyancing solicitor on the Gold Coast. Am I allowed to tell on this forum?
Old Oct 14th 2006, 2:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Southern Softy me. Still they can't touch you for it.
Love Manchester, last city I was in before I left UK.
Originally from Wiltshire.
Have lived in Derry, Belfast, Bangor (North Wales), Bodelwyddan (North Wales)
One Welsh Baby, One Aussie Gold Coast baby, the present Mr Cheeks is a Victorian Aussie.
Bloody hell, thats a list an a half-id definitely have trouble remembering that!
How old are kids mine are 5 and 8 one girl one boy.

fancy the chat room?
Old Oct 14th 2006, 2:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

I know the best conveyancing solicitor on the Gold Coast. Am I allowed to tell on this forum?
Ive got one thow now wish id have put that out first really, shes ok just slow!

but hay 30days is much better than the months and months in england

but thanks heaps x
Old Oct 14th 2006, 2:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bloody hell, thats a list an a half-id definitely have trouble remembering that!
How old are kids mine are 5 and 8 one girl one boy.

fancy the chat room?
Yeap, chat room it is, how exciting not done that before. I may be rubbish though.

Kids. Welsh boy aged 6. Aussie boy aged 6 months.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.