Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

CHEAP SHIPPING TO TOWNSVILLE? (from UK)

CHEAP SHIPPING TO TOWNSVILLE? (from UK)

Old Feb 1st 2008, 9:24 pm
Just Joined

Babydub77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default CHEAP SHIPPING TO TOWNSVILLE? (from UK)

Can anyone give me any advice or contact information for cheap shipping from the Uk to Townsville please?
Old Feb 1st 2008, 9:41 pm
Happily living in Tsv,Qld

Simon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to all
Default Re: CHEAP SHIPPING TO TOWNSVILLE? (from UK)

Container or separate boxes?

We're planning on shipping boxes of 'bits and bobs' to Townsville. We don't want a container as we don't want to take any furniture...

So far, http://www.sevenseasworldwide.com/ is my favourite. There is also http://www.freedomshipping.com/ - but I've read somewhere that they're both the same company anyway...

Seven Seas has a good online quote system. But don't be put off with the 'initial cost' - There is an initial charge of £209 which includes the first couple of boxes, after that it's £23 for the smaller 'book boxes', and £45 for the large 'tea chests'.

There is also the insurance to think about, which is worked out at 3.5% of the value of what your shipping...
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 3:03 pm
Just Joined

Babydub77 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for that. It is not as expensive as what I thought. Do you know about shipping a vehicle? car or camper van? I got one quote- £4000 !!!! I wouldn't bother at that price so if you know anywhere cheaper???

Regards
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 3:15 pm
Happily living in Tsv,Qld

Simon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to all

I only looked briefly into shipping cars, just to keep Kate happy, as the only thing she is sad about is selling her Mini Cooper S (new style, not original).

But, from everything I read, and from people who have done it before, the general advice seems to be: don't bother.

Unless it is of either great sentimental or financial value, it's just not worth the cost or hassle.

As well as shipping, you may get stung for import tax, testing, and conversion of seat belts and speedo to comply with different standards...

(PS. The mini isn't coming!)