Reload this Page >

container to sydney

container to sydney

Old Feb 3rd 2008, 10:01 am
Just Joined

wishone is an unknown quantity at this point
Default container to sydney

Hello

Can you give me the name of a good container company from UK to Sydney, roughly how much it will cost, and do you know if there are any other clearance charges etc at the other end?

Do you know what restrictions there are on your goods and also is it worth bringing electrical goods, ie, washing machine, fridge freezer etc?

Do you know what the restriction or rules are with wooden articles? Also the sort of wooden goods you buy from ikea which really I think you could class as melamine (coated chipboard) not wood?

Thanks for any help you can give

Nigel
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 12:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: container to sydney

Tooo many questions!!!!

You'll have to do a search nigel as all the questions you asked are answered regularly on here
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 12:17 pm
Forum Regular

sprite_green is just really nicesprite_green is just really nicesprite_green is just really nicesprite_green is just really nicesprite_green is just really nicesprite_green is just really nicesprite_green is just really nicesprite_green is just really nicesprite_green is just really nicesprite_green is just really nice

Originally Posted by wishone
Hello

Can you give me the name of a good container company from UK to Sydney, roughly how much it will cost, and do you know if there are any other clearance charges etc at the other end?

Do you know what restrictions there are on your goods and also is it worth bringing electrical goods, ie, washing machine, fridge freezer etc?

Do you know what the restriction or rules are with wooden articles? Also the sort of wooden goods you buy from ikea which really I think you could class as melamine (coated chipboard) not wood?

Thanks for any help you can give

Nigel
Nigel - first thoughts...

We are getting quotes from PSS, Crown, John Mason. Could also consider Anglo Pacific.

Quotes so far are all around £3,500, with c. A$500 (guess!) at the other end.

Not sure re. restrictions, but check out this post from 2006 for an excellent summary:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...oval+companies

Big debate about "white goods" - we are taking washing machine and dryer, dishwasher, but not fridge freezer (was pretty old).

Can't comment on wooden goods, but can say that both companies I've seen so far have been wary of cane goods, etc.

SG
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 4:00 pm
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sprite_green
Nigel - first thoughts...

We are getting quotes from PSS, Crown, John Mason. Could also consider Anglo Pacific.

Quotes so far are all around £3,500, with c. A$500 (guess!) at the other end.

Not sure re. restrictions, but check out this post from 2006 for an excellent summary:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...oval+companies

Big debate about "white goods" - we are taking washing machine and dryer, dishwasher, but not fridge freezer (was pretty old).

Can't comment on wooden goods, but can say that both companies I've seen so far have been wary of cane goods, etc.

SG
We can echo all that, we are also getting quotes from John Mason et all and just had one very good visit from Simpsons which, for our first consultation was very good. We won't need a full container to ourselves but we are going for sole use anyway, avoids any hold up waiting for other peoples belongings and saves any further delay. I am lucky in that I am also allowed 3 cubic metres of Air Freight which we can use for clothes, bedding, towels and essential kitchen stuff.