Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Cheap phone cards for U.K.

Cheap phone cards for U.K.

Old Feb 8th 2007, 7:39 am
Forum Regular

fancyfella has much to be proud offancyfella has much to be proud offancyfella has much to be proud offancyfella has much to be proud offancyfella has much to be proud offancyfella has much to be proud offancyfella has much to be proud offancyfella has much to be proud offancyfella has much to be proud offancyfella has much to be proud offancyfella has much to be proud of
Default Cheap phone cards for U.K.

Hi Folks,

Just found a cheap site for phoning the uk phonecardpoint.com.au very cheap $0.01 a min anytime and no connection fee hope this helps you all.

Catch you all later Fancyfella and the Tribe

P.S YOULL NEVER WALK ALONE
Old Feb 8th 2007, 9:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

flip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud of
Default Re: Cheap phone cards for U.K.

Originally Posted by fancyfella
Hi Folks,

Just found a cheap site for phoning the uk phonecardpoint.com.au very cheap $0.01 a min anytime and no connection fee hope this helps you all.

Catch you all later Fancyfella and the Tribe

P.S YOULL NEVER WALK ALONE
If you ask in the newsagent they have a card which gives the cheapest rates. Also I think the supermarkets have a few such as Daybreak which are 0.5c per minute ($0.005). Do check the small print. Some have a connection charge.
Old Feb 8th 2007, 10:28 pm
Just Joined

pfleet is an unknown quantity at this point

I know some that I've tried have a very very dodgy connection. Worth paying a little bit more to have a decent conversation what doesn't keep dropping out or you can't hear anything.

Saying that though I can't remember any specific good ones...sorry.

God knows how any of them can do it so cheap anyway - makes you wonder when only a couple of years go Telstra were charging as much as 70c/min for the same call
Old Feb 8th 2007, 10:33 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Buy them online http://melbourneconnect.com.au/searc...ity=LONDONp://
Old Feb 8th 2007, 10:48 pm
Livin it large

Mctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant future

"Hello" phonecard gives around 800 minutes to the UK for $20.
Old Feb 8th 2007, 10:51 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mctree
"Hello" phonecard gives around 800 minutes to the UK for $20.
That isn't cheap, most on that site give you between 600-700 minutes for $10
Old Feb 9th 2007, 12:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Wave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond repute

We've used Daybreak for the last two years. Had a few problems New Years and sometimes when we call Germany, but that's it.

Very cheap!
Old Feb 9th 2007, 2:50 am
Forum Regular

Moonwalker will become famous soon enoughMoonwalker will become famous soon enough

Hi Guys i use a card called SHOUT a $20 voucher gives me 1400mins to the uK you can buy them at any newsagent ot IGA
Old Feb 9th 2007, 5:30 am
CANBERRA !!!

jajnlis is an unknown quantity at this point

Not having the luck of moving down there just yet, but tak a look at www.jajah.com

I use them to call rec agencies etc etc and they are very cheap - 10 pence per minute from UK mobile to Oz number......

Also, if the other end register their phone with jajah then the calls are FREE
Old Feb 9th 2007, 7:46 am
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jajnlis
Not having the luck of moving down there just yet, but tak a look at www.jajah.com

I use them to call rec agencies etc etc and they are very cheap - 10 pence per minute from UK mobile to Oz number......

Also, if the other end register their phone with jajah then the calls are FREE
I agree with the above comment about www.jajah.com except the cost.
I use it all the time and it is 0.019p per minute to call the UK from Oz and if the other party registers (free) the call is FREE for 1 hour every day.

To keep the free calls, you must use the service once every 2 weeks to make a call or send a text. The cost to send the text is 0.034p....
So to round up the cost, you get 14 hours for 0.034p every two weeks. I don't think any phone card will beat that!

One other thing... over Christmas for 48 hours, ALL calls to anywhere in the world (including mobile phones) where free.

We have even bought head sets to use with our DECT phones so we can move about and do chores while chatting for free.

Neil.
Old Feb 9th 2007, 10:38 am
Made it to the Other Side

Toon Williams the Second! is a name known to allToon Williams the Second! is a name known to allToon Williams the Second! is a name known to allToon Williams the Second! is a name known to allToon Williams the Second! is a name known to allToon Williams the Second! is a name known to allToon Williams the Second! is a name known to allToon Williams the Second! is a name known to allToon Williams the Second! is a name known to allToon Williams the Second! is a name known to allToon Williams the Second! is a name known to all

We are using Voipstunt, which is like Skype, it is brillant the clarity of the call is so much better than our experiences with Skype and it is cheaper!! They are offering 120 days free at the moment to call anywhere in the world for nothing!!!!!!!!