Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Cheap November Flights?

Cheap November Flights?

Old Oct 4th 2008, 9:52 pm
I'm no dog

poppie is just really nicepoppie is just really nicepoppie is just really nicepoppie is just really nicepoppie is just really nicepoppie is just really nicepoppie is just really nicepoppie is just really nicepoppie is just really nicepoppie is just really nicepoppie is just really nice
Default Cheap November Flights?

Does anyone know of any "cheap" flights for the end of October/beginning of November?
Old Oct 4th 2008, 10:06 pm
Forum Regular

Angib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant future
Default Re: Cheap November Flights?

Try Eva Air - they were doing LHR to BNE on 7/11 for £ 515 each, also Korean Air good too -

we booked 27/10/08 4 adults gla-lhr £140 total, lhr-bne £2100 total

Good luck there are bargains out there but it takes constant monitoring.
Old Oct 4th 2008, 10:13 pm
I'm no dog

poppie is just really nicepoppie is just really nicepoppie is just really nicepoppie is just really nicepoppie is just really nicepoppie is just really nicepoppie is just really nicepoppie is just really nicepoppie is just really nicepoppie is just really nicepoppie is just really nice

Originally Posted by Angib
Try Eva Air - they were doing LHR to BNE on 7/11 for £ 515 each, also Korean Air good too -

we booked 27/10/08 4 adults gla-lhr £140 total, lhr-bne £2100 total

Good luck there are bargains out there but it takes constant monitoring.
Oh that's great, will have a look!
Just did a quick search & was quoted £1000+ But then it is peak time I s'pose
Old Oct 4th 2008, 10:29 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by poppie
Does anyone know of any "cheap" flights for the end of October/beginning of November?
Um......from?? To???
Old Oct 5th 2008, 2:22 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Oh that's great, will have a look!
Just did a quick search & was quoted £1000+ But then it is peak time I s'pose
Have a play with different dates on www.expedia.co.uk or www.zuji.com.au depending on which way you are going!
Old Oct 5th 2008, 3:17 am
Just Joined

Snap-On is an unknown quantity at this point

Try this website: http://travel.kelkoo.co.uk
Old Oct 5th 2008, 8:16 am
BE Enthusiast

BATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to all

Think you've left it a bit late for any bargains. We booked Singapore AL in August when they had an offer on. £550 LHR-Perth. I think the offer ended end of Sept. Next cheapest was Quaintarse at £620. Emirates was a stonking £700+ ! This is for mid November.....
Old Oct 5th 2008, 11:30 am
Citizen Of The World

benlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by BATS666
Think you've left it a bit late for any bargains. We booked Singapore AL in August when they had an offer on. £550 LHR-Perth. I think the offer ended end of Sept. Next cheapest was Quaintarse at £620. Emirates was a stonking £700+ ! This is for mid November.....
Those prices do vary...

We had the luxury of being able to get a 457 sponsorship whilst waiting for our PR visa: this let us fix a firm date for moving rather than being in visa-anticipation limbo. The 457 cost me personally around £100 in all (and a week's worth of evenings doing paperwork), but getting it let us fix the date and book the flights way in advance. Then I looked again at prices when our permanent visa came through... even with the cost of doing of the temporary visa, I've still saved a few hundred quid by booking well in advance.

Like that wierd man on the TV adverts used to say "Remember... book early!". Anyone else remember that?

Cheers
b
Old Oct 5th 2008, 12:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

BATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by benlast

Like that wierd man on the TV adverts used to say "Remember... book early!". Anyone else remember that?

Cheers
b
errr, nope. But then I'm only 50 !!
Old Oct 5th 2008, 6:11 pm
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

Try www.kayak.co.uk and www.traveljungle.com or it might be .co.uk?

Both will pick up cheapest of flight available and act as scanners of most of the other cheap fare sites so save you time.
Old Oct 5th 2008, 8:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

hollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud of
Post Re: Cheap November Flights?

You could try the 'movingplanet' for cheap flights.
This was recommended to me by Emirates when they withdrew their 'normal' 40kg baggage for perm visa holders..... Here is a bit of the info they sent me....

....a promotion running with www.movingplanet.net which gives you an entitlement of 30kgs extra baggage allowance, that's 50kgs in total.

You can access details of the offer by logging in as a member on the Moving Planet website, however this is subject to various controls:

• It is valid for UK departing passengers holding British passports only.
• The passenger must hold a valid migration visa stating over 1 year stay.
• It is not valid if you have a stopover (exit the airport) in Dubai or anywhere else on the way.
• Tickets must be one-way (no return date or open returns).
• You must NOT have entered the country on the visa already.

Dont know what prices they get for you but I gather they are usually cheap...
HKA
Old Oct 5th 2008, 10:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

When I looked into the middle of November was cheaper than end of Oct start of Nov!