Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Cheap Hotels Forest Lake?

Cheap Hotels Forest Lake?

Old May 7th 2008, 7:39 pm
Forum Regular

nicrock is a name known to allnicrock is a name known to allnicrock is a name known to allnicrock is a name known to allnicrock is a name known to allnicrock is a name known to allnicrock is a name known to allnicrock is a name known to allnicrock is a name known to allnicrock is a name known to allnicrock is a name known to all
Default Cheap Hotels Forest Lake?

Hi All,

We are looking for temporary accommodation in Forest Lake, as we are having no luck at all trying to set up renting a propery before we leave the uk!!

Agents don't seem confident to take us seriously whilst were still in the uk, even though we can pay the bond for properties?

Anyhow, it's 4 weeks until we fly out to Brisbane, my partner has a job in larapinta - South Brisbane.

We want to live in Forest Lake - as this seems the best suburb for us. However, we are struggling to find a cheap hotel or even a caravan site where we can stay for a couple of weeks until we secure a property to rent.

Can anyone advise of any hotels, apartments, caravan sites in Forrest Lake between $150 -$300 per week?

Thanks, I'm really panicking now it's soooo close!!!
Old May 7th 2008, 11:24 pm
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cheap Hotels Forest Lake?

Hi Nicrock, there are none that I know of (unless theres any that have been built very recently). When my family were over for the wedding they spent a few nights in the place below which was about the closest we could find (about a 10 minute drive).

http://www.mtommaneyhotel.com.au/index.htm

As I say we left Forest Lake just over a year ago so something may have changed.

There is also a caravan park in Wacol which would be pretty close (never seen it so unsure of its standard).

http://www.brisbane.communityguide.c...amping/327100/

There is also a direct bus (the 460) from the Mt Ommaney shopping centre to Forest Lake if you dont have a car initially.

http://www.translink.com.au/qt/trans...0,461,N464.pdf

Last edited by TrickyTree; May 7th 2008 at 11:33 pm.