Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Advice on which bank account to open for Brisbane?

Advice on which bank account to open for Brisbane?

Old May 7th 2008, 6:46 pm
Forum Regular

louemm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Advice on which bank account to open for Brisbane?

Hi everyone

I'm due to move to Brisbane in the next month (on my own..arrgggh..scary!!!!) and I wanted some advice on the best bank account to open in Brisbane for service and charges etc. I walked into HSBC in the UK today to enquire about opening up an account in Aus and the cashier told me that I had to open a UK account and then they would refer me to Aus and charge me £100 for the privilege!!! Is this really the way to go?..or would I be best with Commonwelath, ANZ etc...

Thanks in advance

Lou
Old May 8th 2008, 1:23 am
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice on which bank account to open for Brisbane?

Open it when you get here - just bring your passport and an address (can even be a backpackers or hotel to begin with).

I'm with ANZ and very happy. Most charge between $3 and $5 per month as fees. Not the same as the UK but hey-ho!