Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Cheap Flight to Perth

Cheap Flight to Perth

Old Jul 2nd 2003, 8:08 am
Forum Regular

porkchop is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cheap Flight to Perth

For anyone planning to be in Perth in September. I have just come across the following cheap flight.

15th September 2003
One Way
London Heathrow to Perth
Royal Brunei
Adult £274 +tax Child £209 +tax

OR

Same date and airline from Manchester.
Adult £294 +tax Child £229 +tax

www.airnet.co.uk

PC
Old Jul 2nd 2003, 8:59 am
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute

wow tis cheap innit??!!

thanks for that pork chop...although i think prices generally begin to lower in september

www.travelmood.com

a bit more expensive but malaysian airlines, which i think have a better reputation????...i have a lanky 18yr old...6ft 1 "..plenty of leg room is a must

can anyone tell me different????
Old Jul 2nd 2003, 9:03 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by yvsie
wow tis cheap innit??!!

thanks for that pork chop...although i think prices generally begin to lower in september

www.travelmood.com

a bit more expensive but malaysian airlines, which i think have a better reputation????...i have a lanky 18yr old...6ft 1 "..plenty of leg room is a must

can anyone tell me different????
The leg room on Royal Brunei might not be so good but he can always put his legs out the window with them.

PC
Old Jul 2nd 2003, 9:03 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Some people say malasians rubbish, but weve flown with them twice, and found them to be fine. Flights were all on time, planes were clean, the tvs worked and the cabin staff were excellent. Food was better than most airlines too, but not the best ive had.

We are going with Singapore in November, as they have an excellent reputation.....only time will tell it its founded or not.

RE: the lanky kid. Book up early and ask them to reserve the emergency exit seats for you....you might get lucky and have no seats in front of you (but probably no window.)

CHeers

Pete.
Old Jul 2nd 2003, 9:08 am
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for that tip pete...

good idea pork chop...if all else fails..smash a window..nobody would notice huh??:scared: :scared:
Old Jul 14th 2003, 10:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

keel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all.

These Royal Brunei prices seem to good to be true (and that usually means they are) has any one flown with them before? Or know someone who has?

Thanks

Keel
Old Jul 15th 2003, 1:21 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by keel
Hi all.

These Royal Brunei prices seem to good to be true (and that usually means they are) has any one flown with them before? Or know someone who has?

Thanks

Keel
I've heard they are utter shite. No legroom, no alchohol, but they do allow smoking. The flight takes about 2 days with all the stops.

It's my definition of a living hell. You are much better off with Emirates.
Old Jul 15th 2003, 4:04 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

They go a long way around. Either a lot of stops in odd places or bad connections. They are always one of the cheapest. No booze and no entertainment screens, could be a bit boring for such a long flight.

They often carry kids up to 17/18 at kids prices (75% of adult airfare) tho. Catch of course tho is do you want an extra long milk run with kids.

I dont think there is anyting wrong with them, just when you have the longest flight on the planet do you really want to make it any longer?
Old Jul 15th 2003, 5:35 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by dotty
They go a long way around. Either a lot of stops in odd places or bad connections. They are always one of the cheapest. No booze and no entertainment screens, could be a bit boring for such a long flight.

They often carry kids up to 17/18 at kids prices (75% of adult airfare) tho. Catch of course tho is do you want an extra long milk run with kids.

I dont think there is anyting wrong with them, just when you have the longest flight on the planet do you really want to make it any longer?

Rubbish Dotty,

London Heathrow 13:30 local time
Arrive Brunei 13:35 local time next day
Leave Brunei 15:30 local time
Arrive Perth 20:50 local time

with time difference a total of 24 hours and 20 minutes.
Only one stop.

Childrens fares under age 12 years.

Inflight entertainment programe both audio and video.
Old Jul 15th 2003, 6:20 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by porkchop
Rubbish Dotty,

London Heathrow 13:30 local time
Arrive Brunei 13:35 local time next day
Leave Brunei 15:30 local time
Arrive Perth 20:50 local time

with time difference a total of 24 hours and 20 minutes.
Only one stop.

Childrens fares under age 12 years.

Inflight entertainment programe both audio and video.

Royal Brunei here are currently offering kids fares for under 17,s.
probably not valid because you are on a special fare.

24.5 hours to Perth seems to be a long flight to me, if it only has one stop why does it take 6 hours longer than normal?

Inflight entertainment I was referring to was personal screens, as on Singapore and BA.

Anyway do a search on Royal Brunei here its been discussed before. Enjoy the flight.