457ie visa

Old Jul 14th 2003, 8:01 am
Forum Regular

scallywag is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 457ie visa

Hi all

We have just been granted a business 457ie visa, now it seems the hard work begins, I am wondering if anybody can tell me the best way to start out in Western Australia, I am thinking of firstly renting a house, get some employment, hopefully buy a house with our funds, then start the process of finding a business to get my PR visa. Anyone got any thoughts on this, is this the right way to go about it.

Thanks

Phil
Old Jul 14th 2003, 8:53 am
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Scallywag,

We too are going out on a 457ie visa.

At the moment we are waiting for the house to sell, but as soon as all that is done, we will be on our way.
We are going to get a business first and then we will know where we need to be living. We will probably rent for a few months at least, to make sure that we are buying in an area that is right.

Whisky
Old Jul 14th 2003, 9:04 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by whisky
Hello Scallywag,

We too are going out on a 457ie visa.

At the moment we are waiting for the house to sell, but as soon as all that is done, we will be on our way.
We are going to get a business first and then we will know where we need to be living. We will probably rent for a few months at least, to make sure that we are buying in an area that is right.

Whisky
Old Jul 14th 2003, 9:05 am
Forum Regular

Hi

Do you mind me asking what kind of business you will buy and have you experiance in running a business

Phil
Old Jul 14th 2003, 9:19 am
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by scallywag
Hi

Do you mind me asking what kind of business you will buy and have you experiance in running a business

Phil

Hi, I will send you a PM

Whisky
Old Jul 14th 2003, 9:23 am
Purveyor of Beaches

DavidT has a spectacular aura aboutDavidT has a spectacular aura aboutDavidT has a spectacular aura about

Glad to hear your news, what date did you guys apply, when did you get your visa. I applied 28th of Feb, not heard a bean as yet.
Just trying to take something positive from what is taking 7 times longer than their official timeline.
Do a search on the forum for rental properties etc in perth, & keep me informed of exciting journey & progress. I bet your well chuffed the pair of you.
Old Jul 14th 2003, 9:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by DavidT
Glad to hear your news, what date did you guys apply, when did you get your visa. I applied 28th of Feb, not heard a bean as yet.
Just trying to take something positive from what is taking 7 times longer than their official timeline.
Do a search on the forum for rental properties etc in perth, & keep me informed of exciting journey & progress. I bet your well chuffed the pair of you.

Hi DavidT

Whats taking so long on your visa? We applied a couple of weeks before you and had ours issued in May.
Have you had problems along the way?

Whisky
Old Jul 14th 2003, 9:45 am
Purveyor of Beaches

DavidT has a spectacular aura aboutDavidT has a spectacular aura aboutDavidT has a spectacular aura about

Hi Whisky,
thanks for the reply, apparently AHC were swamped in the last month, in particular the last week was busy, but hey guess what they did'nt gear up for it. I am obviously near a decision soon but am feeling a wee bit agrieved as a potential investor & creator of jobs that you can turn a 3 week visa into a 5 month affair.
Hope you dreams come true Whisky.
Old Jul 14th 2003, 9:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by DavidT
Hi Whisky,
thanks for the reply, apparently AHC were swamped in the last month, in particular the last week was busy, but hey guess what they did'nt gear up for it. I am obviously near a decision soon but am feeling a wee bit agrieved as a potential investor & creator of jobs that you can turn a 3 week visa into a 5 month affair.
Hope you dreams come true Whisky.

Good luck to you too DavidT.
I will keep my fingers crossed that you hear soon.
What are you planning to do out there, and where abouts are you going?

Whisky
Old Jul 14th 2003, 10:19 am
Purveyor of Beaches

I am going to look at Brisbane, then Adelaide & depending on the opportunities will decide what to do from there. The experience with the application has made me think about things a little differently. I am a plumber by trade but i will probably buy into something as a safety first measure & get the criteria met first, & apply for permanent residence if all goes well.
Not going to be too bold now, use my money to buy a house instead. Only kidding AHC
Old Jul 14th 2003, 10:45 pm
Forum Regular

alextoo is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

We are also going on a 457ie visa and are heading to Queensland.

We haven't the funds to buy a house and business, so we figure on touring in a caravan for a few weeks till we find an area we like and then buy a house.

We then hope to use the house as collateral to secure a loan to either buy or start up a business.

Best of luck to you all

Alex
Old Jul 15th 2003, 6:00 am
Forum Regular

porkchop is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 457ie visa

Originally posted by scallywag
Hi all

We have just been granted a business 457ie visa, now it seems the hard work begins, I am wondering if anybody can tell me the best way to start out in Western Australia, I am thinking of firstly renting a house, get some employment, hopefully buy a house with our funds, then start the process of finding a business to get my PR visa. Anyone got any thoughts on this, is this the right way to go about it.

Thanks

Phil
Hi Phil,

You stated that you will get some employment. If you are the applicant on the 457ie, you can not take up employment as far as i am aware. My 457ie visa stated that my wife can take up employment but i cant.

PC
Old Jul 15th 2003, 7:12 am
Purveyor of Beaches

Default Re: 457ie visa

Originally posted by porkchop
Hi Phil,

You stated that you will get some employment. If you are the applicant on the 457ie, you can not take up employment as far as i am aware. My 457ie visa stated that my wife can take up employment but i cant.

PC
Hi PC,
according to my agent you can, he just said the longer it takes to start your business the lnger it takes to get PR.
When did you apply & get your 457?