Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Chatswood & Artarmon - Nice Place to Live??

Chatswood & Artarmon - Nice Place to Live??

Old May 28th 2004, 11:54 am
Just Joined

angiebowen is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Chatswood & Artarmon - Nice Place to Live??

My family are moving to Sydney in a months time and are looking at Chatswood & Artarmon to rent a house.

My husband will be working in CBD and we have a friend in Seaforth but the Northern beaches prices just seem too high for us.

We have a 2 year old and 6 month baby and would like to know if this area is a nice place to live. It's so hard trying to find somewhere just from a photo on "Domain"!!

Can anyone help?
Many thanks
Angie
Old May 28th 2004, 12:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

pockygoes will become famous soon enough

Hi

My best friend lives in Chatswood - we visited a couple of years ago & they are very happy there. It is near to Sydney - & they had their business in Artarmon so it was very handy for them.
The house prices there have really taken off & they sitting on a little gold mine. From my recollection they are older properties & I did not see one Mc mansion in the area.

They really like the school that theor children go to - can't remember the name of it - but if you need the name I can find out.

Hope that helps

pockygoes
Old May 28th 2004, 12:10 pm
Just Joined

Many thanks for your quick reply.

Anyone else have any views? please...........

Cheers
Angie
Old May 28th 2004, 12:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by angiebowen
Many thanks for your quick reply.

Anyone else have any views? please...........

Cheers
Angie
I know both areas well. I used to live in Lindfield (near Chatswood), before I moved to the northern beaches.

Both Chatswood and Atarmon are good areas. Of the two, I'd pick Chatswood, because the shopping is better - even though I hate shopping...

They are close to each other - ~3-4 miles apart. Neither has a beach - closest is Manly, about 15-20 mins drive!

Both have good rail connections into Sydney. The roads can get pretty busy, but it has improved over the past few years with freeway in/out of town.

I don't know about local schools, but given the residents tend to be professional types, they are likely to be good (no 'what are you trying to say about non-professional types' comments please! ).
Old May 28th 2004, 1:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

pockygoes will become famous soon enough

Angie

Mike has jogged my memory & it was Lindfield school that the boys were at when we were there.

Cheers

pockygoes
Old May 28th 2004, 2:33 pm
Member of Mumo-land

mumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of light

Very built up.
Excellent shopping at Chatswood and train station too.
Excellent Karate club there too.
Easy to get into Sydney.
Road bottlenecks outside the shopping centre.
Easy to get up to the Central Coast - straight up the F3 - if you fancy a change from the Northern Beaches.
Excellen Reptile Park at Somersby when you get to the Central Coast too.
Nice pub in Artarmon. Can't remember what it's called.
I couldlnt live there but if you like it busy and all very handy.
I will be over there in about 3 wks !
Old May 28th 2004, 5:09 pm
Just Joined

Thanks to you all for your comments.

I'm still open to anyone elses point of view. (The more the merrier!).

Many thanks
Angie