Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Police Checks UK

Police Checks UK

Old May 28th 2004, 9:09 am
Keeping Busy

arnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Police Checks UK

We sent two requests off in the same envelope to the local area admin centre.

I got mine back from the Met before the Hertfordshire acknowledgement letter arrived - brilliant service I thought!

Nikki's still hadn't arrived 2 weeks later so I emailed the Herts guy (even though the 40 days weren't up) and a short time later he phoned me to say it was in the system and should be with us during the next few days. We got it the next day!

I mentioned this to a friend of mine (school headmaster) during a social event (ok a few drinks!) and he wasn't surprised at all... Soham, and the requirements of schools and local authorities and others to check out prospective employees have added an enormous burden to the police data departments workload, and apparently they are in a bit of a state of chaos at the moment.

I hadn't even thought about this knock-on effect ...... still doesn't really explain how my report came back so quickly, Not complaining.

Just thought everyone should be aware that these reports may take longer until resourcing is sorted out.

Old May 28th 2004, 4:17 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Child Access police checks are handled by the shambles of a CRB which operates from Liverpool. The checks at local level are dealt with by the former Vetting/Disclosure Units that did the Child Access stuff till about 3 years ago when it was farmed out.
The amount of checks coming by that route should have no effect at all on migration/subject access checks.
Ask your head what happens to his staff checks these days; maybe he is not aware that they aren't done by Herts Disclosure Unit now (hi to my old mates there!!), they are now routed up to Merseyside.
Old May 28th 2004, 6:07 pm
Keeping Busy

arnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond repute

I bow to your better knowledge of the systems.