Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Channel 7 Perth and the Bali Bombs.

Channel 7 Perth and the Bali Bombs.

Old Oct 1st 2005, 3:50 pm

NKSK is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Channel 7 Perth and the Bali Bombs.

OK, so we're watching The Sound Of Music, the text scrolls along the bottom anouncing a bomb blast in Bali - at this point there's 3 injured.

20 mins later there's a news break - we hit the sofa waiting for the update on the bombings and.....what does Channel 7 show?.....sport. That's it - sport. Not one word on the bombings.

I checked on the internet immediately prior to this news break - CNN, Reuters, BBC are all headlining the bombings and what does Channel 7 show.....sport.

This in spite of the fact that Bali is as close to Perth as a foreign place can be and we're in the middle of a major holiday session - even our neighbours are in Kuta at the minute.

Make your own judgment about Channel 7.
Old Oct 1st 2005, 7:17 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future
Default Re: Channel 7 Perth and the Bali Bombs.

Originally Posted by NKSK
OK, so we're watching The Sound Of Music, the text scrolls along the bottom anouncing a bomb blast in Bali - at this point there's 3 injured.

20 mins later there's a news break - we hit the sofa waiting for the update on the bombings and.....what does Channel 7 show?.....sport. That's it - sport. Not one word on the bombings.

I checked on the internet immediately prior to this news break - CNN, Reuters, BBC are all headlining the bombings and what does Channel 7 show.....sport.

This in spite of the fact that Bali is as close to Perth as a foreign place can be and we're in the middle of a major holiday session - even our neighbours are in Kuta at the minute.

Well!

You have to have your priorities!

Mark
Old Oct 1st 2005, 10:06 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Don't be silly, aussies never go overseas - well not according to some people on this forum!

Your neighbours are lying to you, they have really gone to Rottnest.

(PS. serves you right for watching channel 7 & the Sound of Music anyway )
Old Oct 2nd 2005, 8:24 am
BE Enthusiast

sophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nice

But after the sports break and the Sound of Music came back on....about a third of the way through one of the songs, for no explicable reason it cut the transmission and went to the channel 7 newsroom to tell us exactly what was just on the bottom of the screen and then went back to the song..!!! hmmm now that was quite mad!!

Absolutely awful about the bombings again though isn't it and almost the anniversary of the last one...bastards I've got a friend at yoga who was badly burnt in the first bali bomb...

love sophia xx
Old Oct 2nd 2005, 8:51 am
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute

Great. Who won?!
Old Oct 2nd 2005, 10:11 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by manxfamily
Great. Who won?!
Julie Andrews
Old Oct 2nd 2005, 10:15 am
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Julie Andrews
wow she beat all those nazi's?
Old Oct 2nd 2005, 10:33 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by manxfamily
wow she beat all those nazi's?
Yup. Practically single handed. Just used an umbrella
Old Oct 2nd 2005, 12:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Yup. Practically single handed. Just used an umbrella
Bloody hell, you wouldn't believe the hassle I've had just to try and post this. Got fed up receiving e-mail notification everytime someone subscribed to a thread I'd subscribed to so......basically I tried to change things and ended up losing NKSK - with my karma and my stars and my posts of which I'd become rather fond!

Anyhow here's my post........

Sister Maria is great and gets better the older I get.

Did you find that helpful to your migration plans?

I hope so, I gave up NKSK for you.
Old Oct 2nd 2005, 1:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

sophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nice

Originally Posted by NKSK version 2
Bloody hell, you wouldn't believe the hassle I've had just to try and post this. Got fed up receiving e-mail notification everytime someone subscribed to a thread I'd subscribed to so......basically I tried to change things and ended up losing NKSK - with my karma and my stars and my posts of which I'd become rather fond!

Anyhow here's my post........

AWWWW Ma-ma-ma-maaaaate, it doesn't matter whether it's helpful to anyone's migration plans...this is the lifestyle section, we can talk pish about aussie TV if we want!! so yes it probably was worth giving up NKSK!! Have some Karma to get you started again...for liking the Sound of Music!!

love sophia xx
Old Oct 2nd 2005, 3:05 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by NKSK version 2

Sorry, no. My migration plans are very very near to the end

Get on to Paul and/or Sue. They will be able to give you back NKSK free of charge. Just PM them.
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 12:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Shellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of light

yep, that sounds exactly like something that Channel 7 would do
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 1:44 am
Not two zombies

Mongrol will become famous soon enough

I don't see the problem here. As you say its already covered extensively by other channels so whats the problem with one channel showing other stuff? Personally, I'm not interested in bombings. Humans have been blowing each other up constantly for thousands of years all over the world. A few more makes no difference and should be no more newsworthy than the many other atrocities which are still commited yet never reported.
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 8:50 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Just out of interest, how much did the rest of the world report on the constant IRA bombings in the UK over the years. Obviously being here, it was big news but was in Perth when they bombed Harrods and remember it got very little reporting.