Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

22 days to go and losing my mind

22 days to go and losing my mind

Old Oct 2nd 2005, 7:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

ali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant future
Default 22 days to go and losing my mind

That was all I needed to say! Crap weekend - too much to do!

Working till the Friday before we leave (Flight is on the Monday 11am)
Tara
xx
Old Oct 2nd 2005, 7:43 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 22 days to go and losing my mind

Originally Posted by ali south

Tara
xx
Wait till it's 21 and you've lost your mind! Enjoy it when you get there.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Oct 2nd 2005, 8:01 pm
NAC
BE Enthusiast

NAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by ali south

Tara
xx
Tara, know exactly what you mean. We leave on 18th October. Shippers coming on 11th /12th :scared: You think you are really organised then ...stop...look around...and...realise you are nowhere near being organised!!

Good luck

Carolyn
Old Oct 2nd 2005, 8:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Steve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of light

Luxury!!!!

Some of us dream of only having 22 days to go and be losing our minds!!!

Some people just don't know they're born!!
Old Oct 2nd 2005, 8:09 pm
NAC
BE Enthusiast

NAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Steve G
Luxury!!!!

Some of us dream of only having 22 days to go and be losing our minds!!!

Some people just don't know they're born!!

Point taken After all, I have had two years to prepare for this day so really don't know what I'm complaining about!

Good luck with the TRA

Carolyn
Old Oct 2nd 2005, 8:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Steve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by NAC
Point taken After all, I have had two years to prepare for this day so really don't know what I'm complaining about!

Good luck with the TRA

Carolyn
...and good luck with the move. I look forward to reading about your experiences out there!!
Old Oct 2nd 2005, 8:18 pm
Happy, happy Visa holders

Location: Back in Huddersfield, after fantastic time in Gold Coast
And&Mez has a spectacular aura aboutAnd&Mez has a spectacular aura aboutAnd&Mez has a spectacular aura about

We have 10 days to go, and alot to sort out this last week. We had leaving do's this weekend. Kids do on friday and ours yesterday. Good times. And it is all starting to get very real now. Wishing every9ne good luck whos moving out soon. And good luck to those still going through the application process.
Old Oct 2nd 2005, 8:20 pm
Forum Regular

island.girl has a brilliant futureisland.girl has a brilliant futureisland.girl has a brilliant futureisland.girl has a brilliant futureisland.girl has a brilliant futureisland.girl has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by NAC
Tara, know exactly what you mean. We leave on 18th October. Shippers coming on 11th /12th :scared: You think you are really organised then ...stop...look around...and...realise you are nowhere near being organised!!

Good luck

Carolyn
who are you flying with? we leave on the 18th oct also!
Old Oct 2nd 2005, 8:35 pm
NAC
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by island.girl
who are you flying with? we leave on the 18th oct also!

Flying out on night flight with Singapore Airlines from Heathrow and then spending a week in Singapore - can't wait

Carolyn
Old Oct 2nd 2005, 8:45 pm
Forum Regular

island.girl has a brilliant futureisland.girl has a brilliant futureisland.girl has a brilliant futureisland.girl has a brilliant futureisland.girl has a brilliant futureisland.girl has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by NAC
Flying out on night flight with Singapore Airlines from Heathrow and then spending a week in Singapore - can't wait

Carolyn
we are on the 10.15 that night with singapore!
Old Oct 2nd 2005, 8:47 pm
NAC
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by island.girl
we are on the 10.15 that night with singapore!
See you there then!

Carolyn
Old Oct 2nd 2005, 9:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

ali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by NAC

Good luck with the TRA

Carolyn
well 18 years ago I met this guy in a pub (the date had been arrranged after we first went out) and we discussed travelling to Australia.

18 years later we have two kids and ...........well you can guess

However the application formally went in to Immigration in June 03 and here we are

I am feeling so overwhelmed and so overworked I cannot explain

just 3 weeks to go and I will be house free and unemployed!
Tara
Old Oct 2nd 2005, 10:48 pm
Forum Regular

lynne & steve will become famous soon enoughlynne & steve will become famous soon enough

Tara

I can totally understand what you are going through

We came over in May, the weekend before I told Steve that I couldn't do it.
It felt as if I was going to have a heart attack - sheer panic - everyone else was so calm and really looking forward to our new life.

Steve was amazing he told me what we were doing it for - better lifestyle,sun,adventure,etc. Soon the panic went and it was best foot forward again.

Here, now I know we made the right decision for all of us. The kids love it here, they have settled down at school, made loads of mates and can play out, their lives are totally different.

The only downer has been getting jobs, major nightmare for us- so we have brought a van (pick it up today) to start up as a Courier with Australia Post. But other people have come over and walked in to one.

Hope every thing works out for you and you family.
Look forward to reading your thread "Yippee we are here"

Lynne
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 6:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by lynne & steve
Tara

I can totally understand what you are going through

We came over in May, the weekend before I told Steve that I couldn't do it.
It felt as if I was going to have a heart attack - sheer panic - everyone else was so calm and really looking forward to our new life.

Steve was amazing he told me what we were doing it for - better lifestyle,sun,adventure,etc. Soon the panic went and it was best foot forward again.

Here, now I know we made the right decision for all of us. The kids love it here, they have settled down at school, made loads of mates and can play out, their lives are totally different.

The only downer has been getting jobs, major nightmare for us- so we have brought a van (pick it up today) to start up as a Courier with Australia Post. But other people have come over and walked in to one.

Hope every thing works out for you and you family.
Look forward to reading your thread "Yippee we are here"

Lynne
Lynne
I remember your heart attack scare. Pleased you are all well. Another poster had an anxiety attack recently, it sounded just like yours. I might do a half day at work today - I never go sick but at this point I might need to do so to keep my sanity.
Where did you settle.
Tara
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 7:32 am
Just Joined

winter375 will become famous soon enough

Hi Ali South!!
Can't believe it, your story sounds like mine!!!
Met this guy 10 years ago (though not in pub but at work), started to talk about travelling around Australia...and now we are married and will leave for Sydney on Oct 23!!! Can understand you very well, our house looks like...well...disorganised... and I feel as we are not prepared at all. I still work full time and hubby is taking care of everything so at least I have somebody to blame...
For the first weeks we will stay with family in Sydney so at least I won't have to worry there....

About the panic attacks, guess it is part of the show... I am taking herbal pills to get a good night's sleep otherwise I fear I might be crap until I board the plane.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.