Changed my mind

Old Sep 28th 2005, 1:36 pm
crazy, sexy,cool member

Jessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Changed my mind

Hi, I have not been on British Expats for a couple of months now. Me and my hubby decided to apply for Oz as we felt the U.K is just getting worse and we thought it would be a better place to start a family.

We applied at the beginning of the year and I must admit that one minute I felt really positive and then the next I just wasnt sure if I could do it. We have friends who live in Queensland and they love it so we had a few friendly faces when we arrived too.

For the last couple of months I have been really emotional when I think of leaving my family and friends. We have already paid quite a bit of money out towards our application but I have decided that I just cant do it . It has been a really hard decision to make as I know my husband really wants to go. I am a lot closer with my family than he is and I just think that after a few weeks in Oz I will be ready for coming home (just like when you go on holiday) I think its better to decide now though instead of selling our house and leaving our jobs then getting there and me saying "can we go home now?".

Our friends in Australia understand and they know I am close to my family so that helps. My husbans is very understanding but I know secretly he still wants to go. I feel bad on him but I know I have made the right choice.

My family were supportive about me going but I know they are pleased that I am staying.

I may regret it one day but to be honest, since I made the decision to stay I feel much better, I still want to go to Oz for a holiday but just not forever. I kept thinking, I will miss the rain, the streets that I drive down, (just general everyday things) and I was worried that if something happens to my parents and I am not here for them.

Sorry to go on. I have really enjoyed coming on expats in the past and it helped me so much. I am still going to have a little look on it from time to time but I just thought I would tell people my reason for staying. I understand why people on here get so upset as it is probably one of the hardest decisions for a lot of people to make and I take my hat off to those of you who make a go of it. I am just not that brave.

I have not read many threads (if any) of people saying that have decided not to go so this may help others who are worried too.

Seeya
Julie
Old Sep 28th 2005, 1:43 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Changed my mind

Originally Posted by Jessica Rabbit
Hi, I have not been on British Expats for a couple of months now. Me and my hubby decided to apply for Oz as we felt the U.K is just getting worse and we thought it would be a better place to start a family.

We applied at the beginning of the year and I must admit that one minute I felt really positive and then the next I just wasnt sure if I could do it. We have friends who live in Queensland and they love it so we had a few friendly faces when we arrived too.

For the last couple of months I have been really emotional when I think of leaving my family and friends. We have already paid quite a bit of money out towards our application but I have decided that I just cant do it . It has been a really hard decision to make as I know my husband really wants to go. I am a lot closer with my family than he is and I just think that after a few weeks in Oz I will be ready for coming home (just like when you go on holiday) I think its better to decide now though instead of selling our house and leaving our jobs then getting there and me saying "can we go home now?".

Our friends in Australia understand and they know I am close to my family so that helps. My husbans is very understanding but I know secretly he still wants to go. I feel bad on him but I know I have made the right choice.

My family were supportive about me going but I know they are pleased that I am staying.

I may regret it one day but to be honest, since I made the decision to stay I feel much better, I still want to go to Oz for a holiday but just not forever. I kept thinking, I will miss the rain, the streets that I drive down, (just general everyday things) and I was worried that if something happens to my parents and I am not here for them.

Sorry to go on. I have really enjoyed coming on expats in the past and it helped me so much. I am still going to have a little look on it from time to time but I just thought I would tell people my reason for staying. I understand why people on here get so upset as it is probably one of the hardest decisions for a lot of people to make and I take my hat off to those of you who make a go of it. I am just not that brave.

I have not read many threads (if any) of people saying that have decided not to go so this may help others who are worried too.

Seeya
Julie
Awwww babes - I was wondering where you were!
If you guys are sure that this is the best decision then it is usually the right one... decisions like this never come easy.
Take care hun!

Claire, Steve, Jonah & Susannah
xxx
Old Sep 28th 2005, 1:45 pm
Living & Loving in Perth

hoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to behold

Seeya
Julie
Hi Julie

You're right this is a BIG decision and never to be taken lightly - but we are all individuals with different needs and wants. Very best of luck to you and your hubby I hope you will both be happy. I was always brought up to believe in 'what will be, will be'.

Take care

hoops mrs
Old Sep 28th 2005, 1:46 pm
Account Closed

suzy is an unknown quantity at this point

Julie

You are the second person this week who has changed their minds. the other family are going to Spain instead of Australia.

You know what is right for you and your family. I'd like to wish you good luck for whatever you do in the future.

Best wishes

suzy x
Old Sep 28th 2005, 1:47 pm
crazy, sexy,cool member

Jessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jonahs_mummy
Awwww babes - I was wondering where you were!
If you guys are sure that this is the best decision then it is usually the right one... decisions like this never come easy.
Take care hun!

Claire, Steve, Jonah & Susannah
xxx
Hi Claire, thank you so much for your kind words. I do feel that it is the right decision but who knows, I may change my mind

Good luck to you
Take Care xxx
Old Sep 28th 2005, 1:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Steve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of light

I wish you luck too!!

If you know that you will miss home and you aren't 100% certain about going then you have made the right decision.
Old Sep 28th 2005, 1:48 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Better to do it now before loads of money and stress and moving. If it's not for you then it's not for you.

Good luck to you.
Old Sep 28th 2005, 1:50 pm
Account Closed

Nicstids is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm sorry to hear that - it would have been nice to know somebody else going to Toowoomba. We loved it when we were there in July btw - I've got a job already and we don't get there until February

Good luck in the future

Nicola
Old Sep 28th 2005, 2:00 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Seeya
Julie
Julie,

My opinion is that no-one should live life for family or friends.
Yes they come into the equation but first and foremost you decide what is best for you.

If you can stand up and say you have made this decision for you then it is the right one. Don't look over your shoulder wondering what might have been. Look forward and enjoy....onward and upward.

Good luck to you kid.
Old Sep 28th 2005, 2:01 pm
crazy, sexy,cool member

Originally Posted by Nicstids
I'm sorry to hear that - it would have been nice to know somebody else going to Toowoomba. We loved it when we were there in July btw - I've got a job already and we don't get there until February

Good luck in the future

Nicola
Hi Nicola, Congratulations on getting a job!!!!! thats brilliant. Sorry we wont be there but I am sure you will love it.

Best of luck
Old Sep 28th 2005, 2:25 pm
Account Closed

phoenixinoz is an unknown quantity at this point

....... I understand why people on here get so upset as it is probably one of the hardest decisions for a lot of people to make and I take my hat off to those of you who make a go of it. I am just not that brave.
Seeya
Julie
Actually Julie, I think you are.

Takes a bigger person to make the right decision .....than making a wrong decision just to suit everyone else.

Good luck with your revised life in UK
Old Sep 28th 2005, 2:33 pm
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point

"I may regret it one day ..."

All the more reason to give it a go, but hey, that's not a criticism ... we all have our own individual reasons for taking the path in life that we feel is best.

I'm a strong believer in fate, if you knew my circumstances you would know why ... it's a long, complicated and boring story but needless to say, the time is now right for us.

My attitude to life has changed considerably since the loss of my wife's mother ... You get one shot at this world and let me tell you, I've taken aim and am about to pull the trigger.

I respect your decision and I hope you are happy.

Three Legs
Old Sep 28th 2005, 2:47 pm
Forum Regular

Dmartyos has a spectacular aura aboutDmartyos has a spectacular aura aboutDmartyos has a spectacular aura about

I double three legs comments, good luck with it, believe me further down the road of the application the harder it gets.

I am at my parents knowing they are upset I wish to go away again.

No chance of a 1 Year / 6 Months stay? Some kind of career break to suit both partners? Just a thought. Youve obviously thought this through alot already.
Old Sep 28th 2005, 3:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute

Jessica

That’s is a big decision, but your not the first this month to announce your u-turn decision.

You need to do what's best for you and you have obviously weighed everything up and made your decision.

Good luck with everything.
Old Sep 28th 2005, 3:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond repute

Ultimately, when it comes right down to it, you always regret the things you didn't do more than the things you did.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.