Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Change mind of migrating to Oz

Change mind of migrating to Oz

Old Jun 12th 2003, 5:15 am
Forum Regular

willywh3r3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Change mind of migrating to Oz

I'm on the brink of throwing this idea. And of course $$ I had spent on that.
Old Jun 12th 2003, 5:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Wilf is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Change mind of migrating to Oz

Originally posted by willywh3r3
Wise decision.
Old Jun 12th 2003, 5:20 am
Not here

Florida_03 is an unknown quantity at this point

Too many foreigners live there anyway...
Old Jun 12th 2003, 5:51 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

The idea was worth a dollar god you throw money away?

Old Jun 12th 2003, 1:27 pm
Hussy

mika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of light

May I ask what has changed your mind? My husband and I were also having second thoughts. But then something happened (long story) which means that we might not get the visas. That helped us decide we really do want to go.

If you have spent a lot of money applying for ths visa, then why not move there for a year or two. You don't have to sell up in the UK. Leave some opetions open for yourself. If you don't make the move now you might end up regretting it for a long time. If you do make the move, you can always come back.

best of luck with whatever you decide

Mel
Old Jun 12th 2003, 1:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Must be a lot of it about, we have changed our plans and its doubtful we will commit to Oz, maybe just travel for a bit.
Old Jun 12th 2003, 1:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Ditto, looking at property today. Not sure what the hell is going on at the moment.

footie chick
Old Jun 12th 2003, 2:02 pm
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all

Fair enough, but whats the problem? You obviously thought it was a good idea at one time, whats changed?
Old Jun 12th 2003, 2:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

BritboyNZ is an unknown quantity at this point

Move to NZ instead then. much better country. no aussies (well not many) here for a start
Old Jun 12th 2003, 2:25 pm
Forum Regular

John Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant future

Originally posted by BritboyNZ
Move to NZ instead then. much better country. no aussies (well not many) here for a start
Not many Kiwis either their all in Aus living off the state
Old Jun 12th 2003, 2:29 pm

cinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud of

Originally posted by John Howard
Not many Kiwis either their all in Aus living off the state
Only if they were in OZ before 26/02/2001

Last edited by cinderella; Jun 12th 2003 at 3:42 pm.
Old Jun 12th 2003, 2:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

jopaulss will become famous soon enoughjopaulss will become famous soon enough

Youve got to give it a go surely ! Perhaps if you say yes we want to go , then no we dont , your just having the doubts we all had , some like us still have doubts , as what the hell have we done , thats on a bad day , and then yeah glad we did that , on our good days. You will know if its what you really want , but if your having major doubts , then you really need to be looking to see if this really is for you , its a lot to give up and alot of stress ahead.
Good luck with whatever you decide Joanne and Paul
Old Jun 12th 2003, 4:41 pm
Came Back 2003

heading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really nice

Originally posted by jopaulss
Youve got to give it a go surely ! Perhaps if you say yes we want to go , then no we dont , your just having the doubts we all had , some like us still have doubts , as what the hell have we done , thats on a bad day , and then yeah glad we did that , on our good days. You will know if its what you really want , but if your having major doubts , then you really need to be looking to see if this really is for you , its a lot to give up and alot of stress ahead.
Good luck with whatever you decide Joanne and Paul
I agree with what Joanne says, we actually never had any doubts about going, got there didn't like it, and now we are back in the UK with absolutely no regrets whatsoever. If we hadn't tried it we would have always wondered and wanted to try it. We now think that our lives will be much happier because of our little adventure downunder.

I think the best advice that I could give you is don't burn all your bridges, give Oz a try it is a lovely country but leave the option there for you to return if it doesn't work out (ie keep enough funds back just in case). At the end of the day only you know what you want out of life and only you can make those decisions.

Good luck in whatever you decide

Susan
Old Jun 12th 2003, 7:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Oh Dear! We have also been having second thoughts! I wished that we had never applied sometimes! Do you think that all of the negative posts on this forum could have had some influence on us?
Old Jun 12th 2003, 7:50 pm
earlswood

I think you have to be pretty single minded when you start out on this whole process. It's a hard slog especially the RPL route and you have go through the pain barrier.

I was once told that nothing in life worth having is easy to get!!

Ain't that the truth. Your life is what you make of it!! Listen to what other people have to say, take it on board, learn from it and continue forward.

God, I sound like a bloody psyciatrist!!

Earlswood

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.