Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Change of location

Change of location

Old Feb 10th 2004, 6:30 am
Forum Regular

russell deane is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Change of location

We applied through an agent to move to Perth. We have had a TRA done and are now awaiting the reqest for medicals.

Are there any impications if we decide to move to Queensland instead of Western Australia?

Thanks Russell
Old Feb 10th 2004, 6:35 am
owieb

Default Re: Change of location

Originally posted by russell deane
We applied through an agent to move to Perth. We have had a TRA done and are now awaiting the reqest for medicals.

Are there any impications if we decide to move to Queensland instead of Western Australia?

Thanks Russell
Depends what visa you are on. Can your agent not advise you?

Old Feb 10th 2004, 6:37 am
Forum Regular

russell deane is an unknown quantity at this point

Haven't spoken to my agent yet.

Only got hit with this one yesterday!!
Old Feb 10th 2004, 7:35 am
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

Originally posted by russell deane

Thanks Russell
Just wondered why you may not be going to W.A?

My cousin lives on Blackfriers Road in Gt. Yarmouth
Old Feb 10th 2004, 7:30 pm
Forum Regular

sarah d is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by janeyray
Just wondered why you may not be going to W.A?

My cousin lives on Blackfriers Road in Gt. Yarmouth

I am the wife who has just"hit" hubby with the news that I quite like the look of Queensland!!!!!
He is offshore at the moment so was gobsmacked when I told him I was abit unsure about Perth last night on the phone - HI Russell if you are reading this

I dont know why, but I have just started to worry about the remoteness(spl) of Perth, and having 3 children am concerned that there wont be enough to keep them occupied.I know that there are the georgous beaches but will this be enough? It just seems so far away from anywhere else if there isn't much more for them to do.
Maybe somebody already in Perth can tell me if there is plenty to keep kiddies occupied,mine are aged 13,10 and 5.

I am also worried about the work situation for hubby,lately it seems to me that every other poster on these sights are electricians like hubby, and they all seem to be heading for Perth.I am beginning to panic and think that the few jobs that were available will be taken by the time we get there (can anybody already in Perth or Queensland let us know what the work situation is like for electritians? is there much work available)

I know I am probably totally over reacting but just thought it would be a good idea to explore other options now, before it was to late and we were on our way to Perth.
I am not saying that I dont want to go to Perth anymore, but have always liked the look of queensland,although I was put off by hubby because he said he didn't think he could stand the heat (is it really that bad?)
The weird thing is though, when I think about living in Perth I am just excited and not at all nervous, but when thinking about living in Queensland I get butterflies and feel abit scared and paniccy- is this an omen or have I totally lost the plot now!!!!!!!!!
:scared: (must be all this waiting around to hear when to go for meds)

Anyway,thats about it really,I still think Perth looks fantastic but am just exploring other avenues,so any advice will be gratefully received from both Perth and Queenslanders
sarahx

Janeyray - I know Blackfriars road well,my nan used to live there