Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

how much do they check ?

how much do they check ?

Old Feb 10th 2004, 5:46 pm
Forum Regular

dave.t is an unknown quantity at this point
Default how much do they check ?

I have a ` err um ` friend who is moving to OZ in a few months but is worried about the checks on his container contents . He is aware of keeping his tools ,lawn mower etc spotless but I -sorry - he has a few music cd`s that - how can i put this - wern`t exactly bought at a Virgin mega store.
Now I`m not exactly sure on the legal side of all this but if my mate has had his mate, at work, copy a few cd`s ,for him, and the Aussie customs see these is he going to be in the doggy doos or are they likely to turn a blind eye or are they not really bothered and don`t check things like music collections.
My mate would be grateful of any experiences you have had getting your furniture etc over to OZ ?
Old Feb 10th 2004, 5:49 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: how much do they check ?

Originally posted by dave.t
I have a ` err um ` friend who is moving to OZ in a few months but is worried about the checks on his container contents . He is aware of keeping his tools ,lawn mower etc spotless but I -sorry - he has a few music cd`s that - how can i put this - wern`t exactly bought at a Virgin mega store.
Now I`m not exactly sure on the legal side of all this but if my mate has had his mate, at work, copy a few cd`s ,for him, and the Aussie customs see these is he going to be in the doggy doos or are they likely to turn a blind eye or are they not really bothered and don`t check things like music collections.
My mate would be grateful of any experiences you have had getting your furniture etc over to OZ ?

I think they will hang YOU
Old Feb 10th 2004, 5:49 pm
Go Banana's !!

Banged to rights, they'll throw away the key. It was a penal colony once upon a time ago.........

Answer to the question. I really haven't a clue but good luck.

Warren
Perth 2004..............

Old Feb 10th 2004, 5:52 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Go Banana's !!
Banged to rights, they'll throw away the key. It was a penal colony once upon a time ago.........

Answer to the question. I really haven't a clue but good luck.

Warren
Perth 2004..............
Fat lot of use you lot are !!
whats the address for poms in perth ?
Old Feb 10th 2004, 6:05 pm
NZ or Bust!

Sazzle is an unknown quantity at this point

It has been suggested that if you say those are merely backup copies, and that you own the originals and they are stored elsewhere, it might? be ok.
Old Feb 10th 2004, 6:10 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Sazzle
It has been suggested that if you say those are merely backup copies, and that you own the originals and they are stored elsewhere, it might? be ok.
Like that idea ,slightly sneaky and underhand but completely believable , you don`t work in the civil service do you ?
Old Feb 10th 2004, 7:39 pm
Forum Regular

Graham & Kath is an unknown quantity at this point

Fat lot of use you lot are !!
whats the address for poms in perth ?

www.pomsinperth.com

Old Feb 10th 2004, 7:51 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Given the fact that Brisbane customs are still dealing with stuf that arrived mid-December, I don't honestly think they will have time to pursue people for a few CDs.....they are more interetsed in stuff which endangers the Aussie ecosystem, or high-value new gear on which GST needs paying.