Reload this Page >

change of flight time.

change of flight time.

Old Jul 14th 2004, 6:25 pm
4-1,4-1 i love it,love it

Arron is an unknown quantity at this point
Default change of flight time.

Hi everyone,
It's a while before we fly but we received the flight tickets the other week.
Thing is, the tickets state the departure time of 11.45am which was the original time, but we received a letter yesterday to inform us that the new departure time is 20.00pm.
What do i do now ? are the tickets i have invalid ?
The bloke at the travel shop is as thick as pig s**t, and is not sure what to do .
I'll probably phone Malaysian in the morning, just wondered if this has happened to any of you peeps.

Arron.
Old Jul 14th 2004, 7:39 pm

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point

YES THE TIX ARE VALID AS LONG AS FLIGHT NUMBERS ARE THE SAME.....BUT i WOULD PHONE mh JUST TO DOUBLE CHECK ACTUAL FLIGHT TIME! GET IT STRAIGHT FROM THE HORSES MOUTH! Sorry! Didnt mean to shout..caps lock on!
Old Jul 14th 2004, 7:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

sassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: change of flight time.

Originally posted by Arron
Hi everyone,
Thing is, the tickets state the departure time of 11.45am which was the original time, but we received a letter yesterday to inform us that the new departure time is 20.00pm.
The bloke at the travel shop is as thick as pig s**t, and is not sure what to do .
I'll probably phone Malaysian in the morning, just wondered if this has happened to any of you peeps.

Arron.
Hi Arron. I wouldn't worry too much. Your tickets would still be valid. I just checked the Malaysian web site, and based onthe info i gathered from your posting, searched Manchester to Adelaide (via Kuala Lumpur) on 30th Dec and the only time that comes up is 20.00 pm. I would probably just phone Malaysian to be on the safe side anyway, and confirm that you are booked on that flight. let us know how you get on.
Old Jul 15th 2004, 12:12 am
BE Enthusiast

newkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to behold

Hi everyone,

Arron.
Phone up the airline with your details. Your tickets should still be valid,

Might be that you need to be at the airport a little longer beforehand and go to the airline's ticket sales/ service desk at the airport as a worst case scenario.

Best to phone up the airline
Old Jul 16th 2004, 7:02 pm

Hi everyone,

Arron.
Hi,
Phoned Malaysian Airlines today and they were quite shocked to here that the travel company said i'd be OK using the same tickets.
The Airline told me i had to return the tickets, and be re-issued with ones showing the correct time

The travel company are standing by what they told me,( to just turn up at the check-in desk) and so are the airline

So what the Bloody hell do i do now???????

Arron
Old Jul 16th 2004, 8:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

sassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
Phoned Malaysian Airlines today and they were quite shocked to here that the travel company said i'd be OK using the same tickets.
The Airline told me i had to return the tickets, and be re-issued with ones showing the correct time

The travel company are standing by what they told me,( to just turn up at the check-in desk) and so are the airline

So what the Bloody hell do i do now???????

Arron
It doesn't sound right to me, as we have turned up for flights before now at different times to what was on the ticket.

Did you ask Malaysian which flight you were booked on and confirmed the departure time?

If you are definitely booked on the 20.00 flight, for peace of mind, i would probably send them back and have them re-issued. assuming you are not flying until 30th dec, theres plenty of time
Old Jul 16th 2004, 8:48 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally posted by sassie
It doesn't sound right to me, as we have turned up for flights before now at different times to what was on the ticket.

Did you ask Malaysian which flight you were booked on and confirmed the departure time?

If you are definitely booked on the 20.00 flight, for peace of mind, i would probably send them back and have them re-issued. assuming you are not flying until 30th dec, theres plenty of time

I'm with Sassie on this one - one of my flights, Christchurch to Brisbane I think, was changed by so much the date was even different. I still had my original ticket as apparently the flight number was the same. Have you tried checking the flight number against what's on the website??
Old Jul 16th 2004, 9:06 pm

Yep,
Everythings exactly the same except for the departure time.
Old Jul 16th 2004, 9:12 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Yep,
Everythings exactly the same except for the departure time.

Difficult when you're being told two different things - maybe call up Malaysian Airlines at the airport you're going to and ask them. Afterall they'll be the people who'll be there on the day.

I can only tell you from previous experience though that I have been fine with tickets not on the right date. Oh and I've just realised, a week on Monday I fly to Brisbane and my ticket is dated the 15th May If I have a problem I'll let you know, but I called Thai up to change the date (I booked a return from Australia and had no idea how long I'd be here originally!) and they said I didnt need new tickets as it was all computerised!!!! We'll soon see
Old Jul 16th 2004, 9:25 pm

I think i'll just get the tickets renewed by the travel company, after all i have plenty of time, but want it sorted ASAP, for piece of mind at least.