Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

ladies- a sale in Melbourne 16-17th july

ladies- a sale in Melbourne 16-17th july

Old Jul 13th 2004, 9:39 am
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute
Default ladies- a sale in Melbourne 16-17th july

This was sent to me by a friend

A BOX OF MAKE-UP FOR $50 IN MELBOURNE

The next sale is on 16th July 10am-6pm and 17th July 9am-2pm 2004.

A couple of years ago I found a Factory Sale on Jersey Road,
Bayswater,
Victoria. The Factory is called Scental and twice yearly they have
sales
that are quite amazing.

When you walk in, you take a supplied box, that is at least 20cm
square
and 20cm deep. You then browse along all the big boxes filled with:
"Australis" brand make-up, "Le Tan" sunscreens, various shampoos and
conditioners, moisturisers, hand creams, deodorants,
toiletries, "Red
Earth" perfumes and "Davinci" men's aftershaves. Some items are
damaged,
but plenty have absolutely nothing wrong.

When you have filled the box to the brim, you go to the checkout and
pay
$50 regardless of the the contents of the box. They also offer
products
separate from the box fill, such as gift packs of facial scrubs,
cleansers
and foot scrubs for around $5.

Not only is this sale fantastic for yourself, your mum and sisters
to
share, but in my family we have so much left over that we use it for
stocking fillers for our cousins and aunties and anybody who we
think
would like the products.

Last time I went just before Christmas and bought 7 bottles of my
favourite discontinued Red Earth perfume for $25. A saving of $115.
That
is amazing!

Old Jul 13th 2004, 9:47 am
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ladies- a sale in Melbourne 16-17th july

Originally posted by helinuk
This was sent to me by a friend

A BOX OF MAKE-UP FOR $50 IN MELBOURNE

A couple of years ago I found a Factory Sale on Jersey Road,
Bayswater,
Victoria. The Factory is called Scental and twice yearly they have
sales
that are quite amazing.

When you walk in, you take a supplied box, that is at least 20cm
square
and 20cm deep. You then browse along all the big boxes filled with:
"Australis" brand make-up, "Le Tan" sunscreens, various shampoos and
conditioners, moisturisers, hand creams, deodorants,
toiletries, "Red
Earth" perfumes and "Davinci" men's aftershaves. Some items are
damaged,
but plenty have absolutely nothing wrong.

When you have filled the box to the brim, you go to the checkout and
pay
$50 regardless of the the contents of the box. They also offer
products
separate from the box fill, such as gift packs of facial scrubs,
cleansers
and foot scrubs for around $5.

Not only is this sale fantastic for yourself, your mum and sisters
to
share, but in my family we have so much left over that we use it for
stocking fillers for our cousins and aunties and anybody who we
think
would like the products.

Last time I went just before Christmas and bought 7 bottles of my
favourite discontinued Red Earth perfume for $25. A saving of $115.
That
is amazing!

H,

Now that sounds like MY kind of day out!!!

Hels
(self-declared shop-a-holic)
Old Jul 13th 2004, 9:49 am
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Hels
H,

Now that sounds like MY kind of day out!!!

Hels
(self-declared shop-a-holic)
yes sound like a good one to go to, especially the ones they do before xmas! Hx
Old Jul 13th 2004, 9:55 am
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

yes sound like a good one to go to, especially the ones they do before xmas! Hx
Well, if things go to plan, I should be able to check out the pre-xmas sales.....Will let you know how I get on, if I make it down from Bendigo

Oh, I found an excellent site that has some really lovely pic's of Bendigo on it...take a look if you like....

http://www.motelsvictoria.com.au/bendigo/profile/

When you see the picture of the Rotunda, that is where Paul and I got married last year

Hels
Old Jul 13th 2004, 10:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Jaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura about

Ooohh that's just up the road from me.

Thanks Helen, might just have to take a drive over there on Saturday.
Old Jul 13th 2004, 10:33 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Thank god I live in Perth. The credit card is safe for 1 more day.

Siren's b/h
Old Jul 13th 2004, 11:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by Jaykay

Jaykay let us know if its as good as it sounds
Old Jul 16th 2004, 10:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by Jaykay

JK several of my friends went along to this today, one girl was thrilled with her finds, the other couldn't buy a thing because they didn't accept credit cards, you need to take cash along! she 's returning tomorrow with the cash! Happy shopping Hx
Old Jul 16th 2004, 11:52 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

JK several of my friends went along to this today, one girl was thrilled with her finds, the other couldn't buy a thing because they didn't accept credit cards, you need to take cash along! she 's returning tomorrow with the cash! Happy shopping Hx

My Mrs went Helin & was more than happy with it. Its $60 cash as you said, she got about 8 lipsticks, 6 nail varnish, 4 Foundation, loads of Shampoo, conditioner, sun tan lotion etc etc. She reckons there was around $150 worth for her $60. So thanks for that info, you know how us Scots like a bargain.
Old Jul 16th 2004, 1:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by Bordy
My Mrs went Helin & was more than happy with it. Its $60 cash as you said, she got about 8 lipsticks, 6 nail varnish, 4 Foundation, loads of Shampoo, conditioner, sun tan lotion etc etc. She reckons there was around $150 worth for her $60. So thanks for that info, you know how us Scots like a bargain.
glad to be of service sir
Old Jul 16th 2004, 1:43 pm
yer twistin mi melons man

johanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nice

glad to be of service sir
Hi Helinuk
is the stuff well known brand or some unknown stuff? i had a drive past b4 to see where the place was, im thinking of going tomoz but dont want to spend the shopping money on a box of tat. Dont think lipstick on toast would go down well...
Old Jul 16th 2004, 1:44 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by johanne
Hi Helinuk
is the stuff well known brand or some unknown stuff? i had a drive past b4 to see where the place was, im thinking of going tomoz but dont want to spend the shopping money on a box of tat. Dont think lipstick on toast would go down well...
Hang on I'll ask the Mrs Jo.
Old Jul 16th 2004, 1:47 pm

johanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nice

Originally posted by Bordy
Hang on I'll ask the Mrs Jo.

ok...do you wanna go on chat for 10 mins? im being accosted into bed here by my 5 year old she is dragging me off my chair...let me know about chat
Old Jul 16th 2004, 1:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by johanne
Hi Helinuk
Hi Jo
according to my friends they were well known brands. H
Old Jul 16th 2004, 1:49 pm

Hi Jo
according to my friends they were well known brands. H

Ok thanks, might be worth a look then. I live 5 mins from there so will pop in tomoz.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.