Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Centrelink what a joke

Centrelink what a joke

Old Apr 11th 2008, 10:27 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice
Default Re: Centrelink what a joke

Originally Posted by Wendy
In Jackie's defence she has been passed about the government departments here since arriving. She has taken her CV to lots of them and they just keep passing her from one place to another, promising to send her forms and then not doing so. Sending her from one end of the city to the other for interviews that have been a waste of time - I could go on but won't.

Jackie is a lovely lady, and she is just letting off a bit of steam after the last 3 months of being messed about - lets all be a little understanding instead of attacking someone who had a bad day yesterday and thought that someone may just offer some sympathy.
You are lovely

Must say, i have only been into centrelink once, that was enough.
Old Apr 11th 2008, 10:32 am
JRB
Forum Regular

JRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to behold

Hi there. it's very tough in the early days of migrating unless you're one of those people who land on your feet when you arrive. I think instead of wasting time with these government departments spend it instead job hunting. When we first arrived we had to take anything and slowly after a process of years we both finally got jobs that we wanted. Despite having 2 degrees I ended up taking a job as a cleaner in a residential home! But it helped me make some contacts, I met some nice people and then I had some Aussie experience on my CV. I had to wait ages to sit an exam for my career and by the time I sat it a year later I had kind of ended up changing professions. I wouldn't waste your time with these people. Maybe ask a friend or your neighrbour to look at your CV and then get it sent out to as many jobs as possible. Many many migrants have had to take whatever they can in the early days to survive and then work their way up. Good luck.
Old Apr 11th 2008, 10:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
You are lovely

Must say, i have only been into centrelink once, that was enough.

Yeah, I've been twice. The first time I queued for half an hour then was told they were too busy to see to me - well no shit sherlock! the second time they were lovely and I had no problems.

I don't mind the staff so much, it's some of the customers that scare me
Old Apr 11th 2008, 11:10 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
In Jackie's defence she has been passed about the government departments here since arriving. She has taken her CV to lots of them and they just keep passing her from one place to another, promising to send her forms and then not doing so. Sending her from one end of the city to the other for interviews that have been a waste of time - I could go on but won't.

Jackie is a lovely lady, and she is just letting off a bit of steam after the last 3 months of being messed about - lets all be a little understanding instead of attacking someone who had a bad day yesterday and thought that someone may just offer some sympathy.
I thought, poor woman is being bullied for just having a little rant, so I am pleased you stuck up for her Wendy. Some people do tend to get on their high horses don't they?
Old Apr 11th 2008, 11:11 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
I thought, poor woman is being bullied for just having a little rant, so I am pleased you stuck up for her Wendy. Some people do tend to get on their high horses don't they?
Tell me about it
Old Apr 11th 2008, 11:13 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
Tell me about it
What would you like me to tell you R?
Old Apr 11th 2008, 11:15 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
What would you like me to tell you R?
Or rather i'll tell u...