centre link

Old Oct 7th 2007, 3:58 pm
Forum Regular

timmins family is just really nicetimmins family is just really nicetimmins family is just really nicetimmins family is just really nicetimmins family is just really nicetimmins family is just really nicetimmins family is just really nicetimmins family is just really nice
Question centre link

hi there
i keep reading about centre link ,what is this is it the aussie version of child benefit.i though we didnt get benefits for 2 years :we are just about to start the ball rolling of emigrating to ozz but ive read that much on this site ALL VERY HELPFULL my head is spinning with information overload .
Old Oct 7th 2007, 10:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: centre link

Originally Posted by timmins family
hi there
i keep reading about centre link ,what is this is it the aussie version of child benefit.i though we didnt get benefits for 2 years :we are just about to start the ball rolling of emigrating to ozz but ive read that much on this site ALL VERY HELPFULL my head is spinning with information overload .

Centrelink is the same as a benefit centre in the UK.

The equivalent to child benefit is family tax benefit (FTB) and you can claim it if you are on a PR visa. It is means tested though, so it depends on your earning as to how much you get, if anything at all.

You can claim this either fortnightly through the year, or you can wait until the end of the tax year and claim it all at once. If you claim fortnightly you have to keep them up to date with your earnings if they change, because if you don't you may end up owing them some back at the end of the year.

The only other thing you can claim as a new PR migrant is rent assistance, but you can only get this if you are entitled to family tax benefit and you can only claim it if you get your FTB paid fortnightly.

You can read more about it on these sites:
www.centrelink.gov.au
www.familyassist.gov.au
Old Oct 7th 2007, 10:59 pm
Forum Regular

timmins family is just really nicetimmins family is just really nicetimmins family is just really nicetimmins family is just really nicetimmins family is just really nicetimmins family is just really nicetimmins family is just really nicetimmins family is just really nice
Default Re: centre link

Originally Posted by Wendy
Centrelink is the same as a benefit centre in the UK.

The equivalent to child benefit is family tax benefit (FTB) and you can claim it if you are on a PR visa. It is means tested though, so it depends on your earning as to how much you get, if anything at all.

You can claim this either fortnightly through the year, or you can wait until the end of the tax year and claim it all at once. If you claim fortnightly you have to keep them up to date with your earnings if they change, because if you don't you may end up owing them some back at the end of the year.

The only other thing you can claim as a new PR migrant is rent assistance, but you can only get this if you are entitled to family tax benefit and you can only claim it if you get your FTB paid fortnightly.

You can read more about it on these sites:
www.centrelink.gov.au
www.familyassist.gov.au
THANK YOU FOR THE INFO ,VERY HELPFUL TO KNOW.