Reload this Page >

Central Coast v South Brisbane

Central Coast v South Brisbane

Old Feb 8th 2005, 10:00 pm
Forum Regular

poolman is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Central Coast v South Brisbane

Hi
Does anybody know the difference in cost of living between South Brisbane (Thornlands area) and NSW (Central Coast area).
I have been offered two jobs, with $AU 10,000 difference between them, is this because one area has a higher cost of living, or just that one pays better than the other one.
I have looked at cost of living on 'Go Matilda', but it only shows Sydney compared to Brisbane, would this comparison be a true one.
thanks, poolman

Last edited by poolman; Feb 8th 2005 at 10:07 pm.
Old Feb 8th 2005, 10:08 pm
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Central Coast v South Brisbane

Originally Posted by poolman
Hi
Does anybody know the difference in cost of living between South Brisbane (Thornlands area) and NSW (Central Coast area).
I have been offered two jobs, with $AU 10,000 difference between them, is this because one area has a higher cost of living, or just that one pays better than the other one.
I have looked at cost of living on 'Go Matilda', but it only shows Sydney compared to Brisbane, would this comparison be a true one.
thanks, poolman
I think the price of houses may be the main difference, although I haven't looked at house prices on the Central Coast for ages.
Food etc should be roughly the same.
We used to live in Western Sydney, and now live in the Bayside, and general living prices do not really appear to be much different. Although my wife reckons that Hairdressers and "Eat all you can Places" are cheaper in Sydney

PS: Thornlands would be normally classed as Brisbane Bayside rather than South Brisbane

Old Feb 8th 2005, 10:12 pm
Forum Regular

poolman is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
I think the price of houses may be the main difference, although I haven't looked at house prices on the Central Coast for ages.
Food etc should be roughly the same.
We used to live in Western Sydney, and now live in the Bayside, and general living prices do not really appear to be much different. Although my wife reckons that Hairdressers and "Eat all you can Places" are cheaper in Sydney

PS: Thornlands would be normally classed as Brisbane Bayside rather than South Brisbane
Thanks ABCDiamond
Is it houses in Bayside Brisbane that are dearer, or vice versa
Old Feb 8th 2005, 10:45 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by poolman
Thanks ABCDiamond
Is it houses in Bayside Brisbane that are dearer, or vice versa
A good question. I've always thought that the Central Coast would be more expensive, but it may not be that much different. Here are a couple of links to RealEstate.com for those areas. Both results are for a 4 Bed house with double garage on at least 700sm block of land.

Thornlands

Central Coast NSW