Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Central Apartments in Melbourne for January

Central Apartments in Melbourne for January

Old Sep 10th 2008, 11:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

galba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud of
Default Central Apartments in Melbourne for January

Hi

We are booking a short holiday in Melbourne in January for 4 nights. I'm looking for 4 star/5 star apartments that will sleep 6 but are close to the city centre. Already spotted Quest apartments but not sure which ones are in the best areas.

Any suggestions?

Also we will be traveling with 4 kids under 8 and looking for a website with things to do in Melbourne.

Thanks

Galba
Old Sep 10th 2008, 11:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Petals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Central Apartments in Melbourne for January

If you look at the Wotif site you can see the range of apartments available in Melbourne and information about them. Wotif is last minute stuff but it does have all the information. It will be school holidays here then its our long summer holiday so I would start now looking for something. Most 4 or 5 star would be in ok areas, although the city is the city and just like all cities not that nice late at night.
Old Sep 11th 2008, 1:12 am
BE Enthusiast

galba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by 4Margaret
If you look at the Wotif site you can see the range of apartments available in Melbourne and information about them. Wotif is last minute stuff but it does have all the information. It will be school holidays here then its our long summer holiday so I would start now looking for something. Most 4 or 5 star would be in ok areas, although the city is the city and just like all cities not that nice late at night.
Thanks 4Margaret - is there an equivalent area to Subiaco in Perth, with lots of cafes and bookshops that are still open at night?

Galba
Old Sep 11th 2008, 5:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Petals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond repute

The shops are open till 9 on Thursdays and Fridays and all weekend. The restaurants are open as late as the owner wants to work. Some pubs are open 24 hours, clubs generally open till 5 am and that is the problem. 24 hour supermarkets.

Carlton has a lot of Italian style cafes, Londsdale Street has Greek Restaurants although I think they were having to move.

Southbank has nice cafes and shops and they have a nice market on the weekend.

City centre tends to have mostly asian restaurants now due to high numbers of asians who live the city and the large student population from asia. The city centre is completely different now to 20 years ago. One of my friends lives in an Apartment in the city and she says its changes dramatically in the 10 years they have lived there.

Do not like Swanston Street although I usually stay in the Mercure Grand Hotel on Swanston as its so central to everything.

Shopping tends to be in the city and out of the city in places like South Yarra, Richmond, Prahran.

There is a city circle Tram that is free which goes around the city centre. Trains run out to the suburbs and trams as well. You can get a tram to St Kilda Beach for example and on a Sunday they have good market there. Cafes and things are there and Luna Park but don't know what its like these days as my children are grown.

If you look on the Victorian Tourist Site you will find things to do and also accommodation and other things to help.
Old Sep 11th 2008, 7:52 am
Forum Regular

stu66 is a name known to allstu66 is a name known to allstu66 is a name known to allstu66 is a name known to allstu66 is a name known to allstu66 is a name known to allstu66 is a name known to allstu66 is a name known to allstu66 is a name known to allstu66 is a name known to allstu66 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by galba
Hi

We are booking a short holiday in Melbourne in January for 4 nights. I'm looking for 4 star/5 star apartments that will sleep 6 but are close to the city centre. Already spotted Quest apartments but not sure which ones are in the best areas.

Any suggestions?

Also we will be traveling with 4 kids under 8 and looking for a website with things to do in Melbourne.

Thanks

Galba
hi there

we stayed at the quest appartments on william street good location and very nice appts

good luck enjoy stu