Centerlink

Old Oct 26th 2009, 7:58 pm
can't lose the tie

mecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to all
Default Re: Centerlink

Originally Posted by mechanical430
Ok So I should look for private agencies to search for job instead of relying any govt body?
You must be joking! People must be using this forum for a laugh now or maybe they always did.
Old Oct 26th 2009, 8:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

sassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JAJ
Some Centrelink payments are not subject to the 2 year waiting period. However, if there is an asset test, and someone works around this by not declaring foreign assets (barring a specific exemption) then that is fraudulent and illegal.
Speaking of fraudulent and illegal, I work for an investigation firm and Centrelink is one of our major clients. We receive hundreds of case files from centrelink each year and about 70-80% of them would be people trying to pull a fast one. they get caught in the end. One guy actually got sent to prison a couple of months ago.
Old Oct 27th 2009, 4:17 am
Forum Regular

hk_1 will become famous soon enoughhk_1 will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: Centerlink

Hi, I am about to migrate to Australia (PR), I would like to know that what
kind of help should I expect from Centrelink ? I have heard that they give
payments to child carers etc is that right? offcourse I will be looking for a
job as soon as I land there but I would like to know all my options.

Thanks and regards,
Old Oct 27th 2009, 5:11 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hk_1
Hi, I am about to migrate to Australia (PR), I would like to know that what
kind of help should I expect from Centrelink ? I have heard that they give
payments to child carers etc is that right? offcourse I will be looking for a
job as soon as I land there but I would like to know all my options.

Thanks and regards,
www.centrelink.gov.au has all the information you need.
Old Oct 28th 2009, 5:37 am
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fish.01
Though I don't think the family payments/rent assistance do have asset tests anyway. Would only be relevant if they had very significant savings that would earn enough interest to send them over the income test limits.
You're right, the family tax benefit is not asset tested.