Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Ceiling fans - do they really cut your bills?

Ceiling fans - do they really cut your bills?

Old Jan 15th 2011, 5:48 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ceiling fans - do they really cut your bills?

Originally Posted by spalen
Beacon are double expensive and double rubbish

I bought some from lightingillusion on ebay - they are actually a brick+mortar chain but with an ebay outlet - the stuff was fantastic. Great follow up and great service. Got remote control ones for about 200$ with lights each. There are cheap fans in bunnings, but they are er..cheap. Weve had them in for 6mths and they are very good. Edit : Their ebay store is lighting illuisions online

Got them fitted by an electricist for 50$ each replacing existing light socket

Highly recomend them - one teeny part was missing and they couriered it to me within 24hrs. no quibbles.
Excellent, cheers Ah Beng. Struggling to get any response from any tradies for months (callback, email, online forms) but we would need a sparkie so will try that route.

Originally Posted by Family of 3
I shall leave it to your comprehensive research then - send me a copy of the spreadsheet!

I don't really want to put hand-helds everywhere as I don't like the aesthetics of most of them.
I'm with you on that. Trouble is, I want lights with the fans and quite a lot of those look functional, not stylish.

Originally Posted by HelenTD
I found that sleeping under a ceiling fan takes a bit of getting used to at first, I used to lay there waiting for the thing to suddenly take off and fly around the room or drop onto the bed.
The state of the old conservation shophouse we lived in in Singapore, I full expected that one day. (Instead I got an in-bed shower from the hole in the roof, but that's another story.)
Old Jan 15th 2011, 7:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Rossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud of
Default Re: Ceiling fans - do they really cut your bills?

Local Melbourne Bunnings store - $52 for 120cm incl light, $39 for generic remote control