Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Cats to Perth - any good companies near Heathrow?

Cats to Perth - any good companies near Heathrow?

Old Apr 4th 2005, 11:17 am
Forum Regular

vics has a spectacular aura aboutvics has a spectacular aura aboutvics has a spectacular aura about
Default Cats to Perth - any good companies near Heathrow?

Hi

I'm hoping that someone can recommend pet export companies that are not too far from Heathrow?

Will be taking 2 persian cats to Perth at the beginning of June but they are not too keen on the car so don't want to stress them out with any more long car trips than absolutely necessary before they even get to the plane!

I have heard of a company called 'Pet Exports' who are near Heathrow so sound ideal in that respect, but can't find any posts on here relating to them - anyone got any experiences?

Thanks for any advice!
Old Apr 4th 2005, 11:19 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cats to Perth - any good companies near Heathrow?

Originally Posted by vics
Hi

I'm hoping that someone can recommend pet export companies that are not too far from Heathrow?

Will be taking 2 persian cats to Perth at the beginning of June but they are not too keen on the car so don't want to stress them out with any more long car trips than absolutely necessary before they even get to the plane!

I have heard of a company called 'Pet Exports' who are near Heathrow so sound ideal in that respect, but can't find any posts on here relating to them - anyone got any experiences?

Thanks for any advice!
We talked to these guys at Sandown and were impressed with them:

http://www.airpets.co.uk/

Apparently there can be an 8 week queue at Perth quarantine so book early.
Old Apr 4th 2005, 11:34 am
Confused member

SunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud of
Default Re: Cats to Perth

Perth seems to be facing an influx of cat-loving Accountants!!

We have three and are taking them to Perth.

I looked at Animal Airlines, they seemed quite good.

Will look further once we have the visas as we're not planning on moving immediately we get them.
Old Apr 4th 2005, 11:53 am

Flying Banana is an unknown quantity at this point

I used Airpets in November and they were great, cost about £1100 for my two, that was all paperwork, vet stuff, box, flights etc and a week boarding before departure.

Then there was quarantine cost in Melbourne (can't remember the cost for that off top of my head but it will be on the AQUIS website)

They were both looked after very well and settled in very quickly once they arrived home (see below - I know I bought a new sofa for some reason!). Having worked airside at Heathrow in the past I know Airpets have a good reputation around the airport and they are very close. You come off M25 at the T4 junction. Go towards heathrow and turn left at first(?) roundabout spout lane and airpets are a couple of hundred yards down that road on the left.

Old Apr 4th 2005, 12:00 pm
Forum Regular

vics has a spectacular aura aboutvics has a spectacular aura aboutvics has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by worzel

Apparently there can be an 8 week queue at Perth quarantine so book early.
Oh no - now I am panicking!!!
Old Apr 4th 2005, 12:01 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the tips on Airpets - have filled in the form on their website to see if they get back to me quickly.
Old Apr 4th 2005, 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by vics
Thanks for the tips on Airpets - have filled in the form on their website to see if they get back to me quickly.
They should be fine, the girl I dealt with was called Nikki, very helpful the whole way through even with my dates being mucked around due to house buyers pulling out three times. If you don't hear back soon ring them up and chase them, I know when I dropped the cats off they are quite a small office and were flat out with paperwork.
Old Apr 4th 2005, 12:38 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Flying Banana
I used Airpets in November and they were great, cost about £1100 for my two, that was all paperwork, vet stuff, box, flights etc and a week boarding before departure.

Then there was quarantine cost in Melbourne (can't remember the cost for that off top of my head but it will be on the AQUIS website)

They were both looked after very well and settled in very quickly once they arrived home (see below - I know I bought a new sofa for some reason!). Having worked airside at Heathrow in the past I know Airpets have a good reputation around the airport and they are very close. You come off M25 at the T4 junction. Go towards heathrow and turn left at first(?) roundabout spout lane and airpets are a couple of hundred yards down that road on the left.
OMG I thought you had a picture of one of our cats for a moment they are so alike. On closer inspection Patsy doesn't have so much ginger around her nose and her belly is bigger but apart from that they could be twins
Old Apr 4th 2005, 12:45 pm
Breeding little aussies

movetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond repute

i dont have cats but when we came we shipped our dog with airpets. They were great, they handled everything. We had enough to worry about with 2 kids and another on the way so it was fab to have the dog taken care of. I made sure that he was booked on the early qantas flight out as in singapore they are just left on the tarmac in their boxes between flights, the early flight arrives in the morning before it gets too sunny, the later one has them baking in the afternoon, also byford kennels here in perth dont pick up arrivals off the night flight, which arrives around 2am until 6am so the animals have an extra few hours in their boxes.

Lynn
Old Apr 4th 2005, 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by worzel
OMG I thought you had a picture of one of our cats for a moment they are so alike. On closer inspection Patsy doesn't have so much ginger around her nose and her belly is bigger but apart from that they could be twins
lol, the one on the left is Sydney, the one on the right is Alice, brother and sister, had them since kittens and will be 8 in a couple of weeks. Apparently ginger/white ladies are quite unusual (that's what the vet reckoned.
Old Apr 4th 2005, 2:05 pm
Go Banana's !!

No idea about this one, but I know that once you are here there are loads of places that do 'Cat Boarding'.

Laughed my pretty little ass off yesterday when Warren remarked, as we were travelling up to Yanchep:

"Cat boarding ? that must be a new sport, wonder if it's like snow boarding, but on sand?"

He felt very stupid when he realised we had just gone past a cattery. I milked it for all it was worth.

I just felt now was the idea opportunity to mention it.

Night night peeps

Jill