Wikiposts

Cats to Perth

Old May 8th 2004, 4:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Link to moving down under site (karawarra88)
http://www.movingdownunder.co.uk/files/pets.php
Old May 8th 2004, 4:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Pariar livestock services - shippers
http://www.parair.co.uk/
Local Veterinary Inspectors (L.V.I.)
for the Ministry of Agriculture (D.E.F.R.A.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Boarding charges for dogs and cats prior to shipment.
All charges per day or part day.
Cats £4.75 per day

Par Air Services Livestock Limited,
Warren Lane, Stanway, Colchester, Essex, England, CO3 0LN
Telephone: 01206 330332
Fax: 01206 331277
email: [email protected]
Office hours 8.00am to 6.00pm
Sundays 9.00am to 5.00pm

Just to add by Pollster.... who recently used Par Air.
I bought my year old Springer to NZ with Par Air (who were perfectly OK) and she arrived looking an absolute state - had obviously found the flight traumatic and was very stressed.

BUT within 24 hours was bouncing about the place and now, 4 or so weeks on, has settled in fully to the extent she is back to her normal naughtiness and has even found new ways of playing up!

Her main problem had been deydration and that was mostly due to the fact she had had diarrohea for the entire flight (by the look of the crate). That was easily rectified with lots of water (although she peed like a fountain for a couple of days!)

Last edited by Larissa; May 8th 2004 at 8:20 pm.
Old May 8th 2004, 8:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

by Dave T. in another thread...
The wife desperately wants to take our 13 year old cat with us to Perth and she's decided to use a company in Shropshire called Golden Arrow 01588680240.

It's going to cost about 1k GBP by the time all the vet's fees and quarantine has been paid !!!

But it keeps the wife happy...
Old May 8th 2004, 9:09 pm
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

I bought over both my boys!! In the same container too. They were fine. They are brothers so maybe thats why they don't fight?

Just make sure when you are preparing them for travel that everything is done on time and by a government approved vet.

The Rabies vaccination is not required to come here

"BUT"

if you do decide that OZ is not the place for you, and your pets haven't had the rabies vaccine and blood test then they have to go into quarantine for 6 months on return to the UK. My pets didn't have the vaccines and had to start the return treatment in October 2003 to travel home no sooner than May 19th 2004 so if you're in a hurry to return to the UK forget it if your pets haven't had the vaccines. Quarantine in the UK is around 200 a week and for 6 months thats a lot of money and stress for the animal. My advice to anyone bringing pets out is to get them vaccinated before you leave the UK.

My quarantine bill this end was $800 for two cats and a dog for 30 days quarantine
Old May 8th 2004, 9:14 pm
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

Here they are

Why has it done it like this with no picture?
Attached Images
File Type: bmp
beasts.bmp (225.1 KB, 52 views)
Old May 8th 2004, 10:30 pm
The Outback Beast

fogmeister is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Cats to Perth

Originally posted by Larissa
That's great - thankyou!
Have you sorted your vet out yet? That's my next line of research - to find out and cost government vets... good luck!
Hi Larissa, we use the Pet Vaccination Clinic and I contacted them to see if they had a Goverment Approved Vet, apparently, most practices have at least one, also when you book the flights, the airline book the "official government vet" to check the animals in at the terminal, to complete part b of the forms and to seal the cats in their carriers, which is around 70 quid
take care
Old May 8th 2004, 10:39 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by fogmeister
Hi Larissa, we use the Pet Vaccination Clinic and I contacted them to see if they had a Goverment Approved Vet, apparently, most practices have at least one, also when you book the flights, the airline book the "official government vet" to check the animals in at the terminal, to complete part b of the forms and to seal the cats in their carriers, which is around 70 quid
take care

I wish cats were my only problem. One cat now 14 - can't decide if its fair to put her through moving. But two daughters who want to take two rabbits and who really don't understand. Hubby and I are stressing out about money, visas, selling everything, leaving everybody and all they can worry about (thank god) is the bl***y rabbits!!
Old May 8th 2004, 11:23 pm
The Outback Beast

Originally posted by moneypen20
I wish cats were my only problem. One cat now 14 - can't decide if its fair to put her through moving. But two daughters who want to take two rabbits and who really don't understand. Hubby and I are stressing out about money, visas, selling everything, leaving everybody and all they can worry about (thank god) is the bl***y rabbits!!
You need to be ruthless, find new homes for them and tell the kids that the rabbits escaped and the cat was run over or summut like that, after a few days they'll be fine then you can tell them they can have new bunnies in oz, and I've never heard of rabbits being flown to oz, plus the costs
Hard to do, but get planning
Good luck
Old May 9th 2004, 12:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by janeyray
I bought over both my boys!! In the same container too. They were fine. They are brothers so maybe thats why they don't fight?

Just make sure when you are preparing them for travel that everything is done on time and by a government approved vet.

The Rabies vaccination is not required to come here

"BUT"

if you do decide that OZ is not the place for you, and your pets haven't had the rabies vaccine and blood test then they have to go into quarantine for 6 months on return to the UK. My pets didn't have the vaccines and had to start the return treatment in October 2003 to travel home no sooner than May 19th 2004 so if you're in a hurry to return to the UK forget it if your pets haven't had the vaccines. Quarantine in the UK is around 200 a week and for 6 months thats a lot of money and stress for the animal. My advice to anyone bringing pets out is to get them vaccinated before you leave the UK.

My quarantine bill this end was $800 for two cats and a dog for 30 days quarantine
Thanks Janey, that's well worth keeping in mind.
Old May 9th 2004, 12:16 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by janeyray
Here they are

Why has it done it like this with no picture?
Cos it's a bmp file. If you change it to JPEG(jpg) then it shows it. Do this by opening it in a photo editor, and then do 'save as'.

Fogmeister: only cats and dogs can be imported to Oz. No other animals

Going back to Holland I had to leave my rabbit and chooks behind. My aunt promised me I'd get a new rabbit here though, and I did. Still alive 8 years later, and living with my parents

To add reassurance: our 2 dogs flew from Perth to Holland: about 9 years old, and they were both fine. Did have a long flight(30 hours min.) but they must've been let out in between, or their crates cleaned, cos they were clean. (I don't think this is standard).

Here's Janey's pic
Attached Thumbnails Cats to Perth-beasts.jpg  
Old May 9th 2004, 12:31 am
The Outback Beast

Thanx simone, you'd best tell Moneypenny, shes the one with probs with Rabbits
Looks like the bunnies are goin to the pot
Sorry
Old May 9th 2004, 12:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Awww foggy!!!
Perhaps the black rabbit will come and take them away...

Is it a kind of dream,
Floating out on the tide,
Following the river of death downstream?
Oh, is it a dream?

There's a fog along the horizon,
A strange glow in the sky.
And nobody seems to know where you go.
And what does it mean?
Oh, is it a dream?

Bright eyes,
Burning like fire.
Bright eyes,
How can you close and fail?
How can the light that burned so brightly
Suddenly burn so pale?