Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Campden to Waterloo commute

Campden to Waterloo commute

Old May 9th 2004, 8:59 am
Top Banana

Mad as cheese is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Campden to Waterloo commute

Does anyone here do or has done the Camden to Waterloo or CBD commute. I'm looking at areas and would prefer to be a reasonable way out of the city, as I am now in South Bucks. But a reasonable commute in. The tools I've used say an hours drive, is this correct or is it seriously longer/shorter?

Also I would be interested in any suggestions of nice family areas a similar distance from Sydney.

thanks

Julian
Old May 9th 2004, 1:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmm. Non-peak hour you can do Eastern Suburbs to Camden in about 50 minutes - so add a bit more to the city and an hour would be about right. BUT, that's non-peak hour. I hate to think how long it would take then, at least an hour and a half probably.
I know traffic on the M6(?) crawls along on a Friday afternoon from about 4pm onwards - which is the only time I've ever headed out that way during the peak traffic.

Good family areas? Try the Sutherland area or Hills district. Camden is OK but a very long way out and it gets very warm there in the summer. There's a huge amount of development that way and the small country town feel that it used to have, is going fast.