Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Catholic School Fees

Catholic School Fees

Old Jul 27th 2005, 5:23 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Catholic School Fees

Originally Posted by Badge

I got married in a Catholic church in a Latin American country - I was bowing and curtesying and genuflecting like it was going out of fashion - no skin off my nose.

Thought you got married in Melbourne last year.

Anyway I'm off to look up genuflecting in the dictionary, I think your having us on with that one young Badge.
Old Jul 27th 2005, 5:26 am
Badge

Originally Posted by Bordy
Thought you got married in Melbourne last year.

Anyway I'm off to look up genuflecting in the dictionary, I think your having us on with that one young Badge.
We got married again, later last year. I even had communion in Latin America even though I'm not a full card-carrying communicant.

People look at us strange when we say we've been married twice.

Genuflecting (sic) : God's truth.

My mother used to embarass us by doing it in our local "high" CofE church - she'd get down on one knee and block the entire effing aisle while everyone was queing up for Communion.

badge

Last edited by Badge; Jul 27th 2005 at 5:34 am.

Old Jul 27th 2005, 6:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Badge
Genuflecting (sic) : God's truth.

badge
The "genu" bit means "knee" (Latin? similar to French anyway), the "flexion" bit means bend the joint inwards.

Ie when you're praying, or bobbing down on one knee...