Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Category B Meds - did you get in ?

Category B Meds - did you get in ?

Old Feb 20th 2006, 10:22 pm
ddm
Forum Regular

ddm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Category B Meds - did you get in ?

Has anyone who was Category B on the Medical still managed to get a perm. res. visa ? and if so what did you have to do to get it ?
Thanks
ddm
Old Feb 20th 2006, 10:35 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Category B Meds - did you get in ?

Originally Posted by ddm
Has anyone who was Category B on the Medical still managed to get a perm. res. visa ? and if so what did you have to do to get it ?
Thanks
ddm
No personal experience, but from what I have seen, there is no problem with the PR, the only stipulation seems to be that you only have six months from meds/PCC (whichever earlier) to validate instead of one year.
Old Feb 20th 2006, 10:59 pm
I'm watching YOU...

thpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ddm
Thanks
ddm

Hi there
I was category B, hubby A and Daughter A - guess where we are now
Shouldn't be a problem, sometimes they will want more info from your GP if it a particular problem.

Good luck
Sam
Old Feb 20th 2006, 11:16 pm
gjs
Forum Regular

gjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud of
Talking Re: Category B Meds - did you get in ?

Originally Posted by ddm
Thanks
ddm
Youngest son and hubby were both Bs.For hubby just had to provide a letter from own GP about (Non serious)condition and nothimgfor son.He was only weeks old at the time of the meds and was premature but had no health issues - think the panel doctor was being cautious. We leave for Oz at the end of April.
Old Feb 21st 2006, 2:35 am
Now A UK Ozzie

GaryY is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ddm
Thanks
ddm
We've had our medicals and they went in late Dec. Whats this Category A / Category B business ? And how do you find out ? Havn't heard about this before.
Thanks
Old Feb 21st 2006, 7:11 am
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GaryY
We've had our medicals and they went in late Dec. Whats this Category A / Category B business ? And how do you find out ? Havn't heard about this before.
Thanks
You get told only if you are a Cat B.

As someone else further up mentioned it normally isn't a big deal you just have a shorter time (6 months instead of 12 ) in which to validate and you may have to get some additional info from your Dr.
Old Feb 21st 2006, 8:19 am
playing the angel

tinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond repute

depends on what they gave you a B for.
I was a B, have my permanent residency visa, and was given the full 12 months to validate.
Old Feb 21st 2006, 8:22 am
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

We were told that if you get a b clerance then you have only six months to get in and when you are in you have to have a medical within six months to see if you are ok.
Old Feb 21st 2006, 8:25 am
BE Forum Addict

majortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nice

Originally Posted by wargod
You get told only if you are a Cat B.

As someone else further up mentioned it normally isn't a big deal you just have a shorter time (6 months instead of 12 ) in which to validate and you may have to get some additional info from your Dr.

Can I just ask.................who tells you that you are a cat B ???????

I am anxiously awaiting to hear as I feel that Im on the border of a Cat B and maybe a refusal.

Cheers
Old Feb 21st 2006, 8:27 am
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by majortom

I am anxiously awaiting to hear as I feel that Im on the border of a Cat B and maybe a refusal.

Cheers
I think you can ask the Dr at the time of the medical - failing that i think it is DIMIA themselves
Old Feb 21st 2006, 8:31 am
BE Forum Addict

majortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nice

Originally Posted by wargod
I think you can ask the Dr at the time of the medical - failing that i think it is DIMIA themselves

So you don't exactly know if you get told then...................
Old Feb 21st 2006, 8:33 am
gjs
Forum Regular

gjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by majortom

Cheers
The panel doctor told us at the time of the meds.We also got 12 months to validate.
Old Feb 21st 2006, 8:35 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

Category B at medical doesnt automatically mean anything other than your medical results will be reviewed by a team in Dimia.

This means that something was out of the ordinary at your medicals.

Depending on what it was various things happen
1) they review, decide its ok , and ignore it. You get a visa like everyone else.

2) They ask for more info on something, can still end up with option 1.

3) They ask for info, see something they worry about and ask you to do validate in 12 and medical wihtin 6 or some other such combination of things

4) You are in breach of the medical criteria (serious serious serious illnesswith major league cost - like AIDS or something) and they reject visa. If youve got something like this a visa is least of your problems.

So most likely - is if you dont know you've got some really bad illness then you're likely to be double-a-fine. Nothing is automatica just because of this.
Old Feb 21st 2006, 8:49 am
playing the angel

tinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spalen
Category B at medical doesnt automatically mean anything other than your medical results will be reviewed by a team in Dimia.

This means that something was out of the ordinary at your medicals.

Depending on what it was various things happen
1) they review, decide its ok , and ignore it. You get a visa like everyone else.

2) They ask for more info on something, can still end up with option 1.

3) They ask for info, see something they worry about and ask you to do validate in 12 and medical wihtin 6 or some other such combination of things

4) You are in breach of the medical criteria (serious serious serious illnesswith major league cost - like AIDS or something) and they reject visa. If youve got something like this a visa is least of your problems.

So most likely - is if you dont know you've got some really bad illness then you're likely to be double-a-fine. Nothing is automatica just because of this.
good explanation Spalen!!