Carpentry?

Old Jan 3rd 2010, 6:14 pm
Just Joined

DMP00809 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Carpentry?

Looking for info if poss?

I have worked as a joiner for several years however have no qualifications.

Does anyone know what would be involved in getting qualified? Any job i have seen advertised asks for qualified joiners.

Thanks
Old Jan 3rd 2010, 7:21 pm
Forum Regular

sportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to all
Default Re: Carpentry?

Where are you moving too? my mate in Perth was looking for help back in July, he is a carpenter.
Old Jan 3rd 2010, 8:06 pm
Just Joined

DMP00809 is an unknown quantity at this point

Heading to Brisbane, arrive on the 18 January.
Old Jan 3rd 2010, 10:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

James516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud of

I put up a shelf and clothes rail in a built-in over the weekend. Not much help to you I know, but I was feeling pretty proud of myself and my budding carpentry skills :-)
Old Jan 4th 2010, 2:38 pm
Forum Regular

daddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to all

Then you are better than me young man. I took off the kitchen door to sand down because it wouldn't close very well. Something went bloody wrong because I seemed to have shaven off the wrong side - still catching and a big gap at the other side. Of course I explained to my wife that I fully intended on buying her a new door and that I was just practising with my new tool!!
Also, fitted a a picture on the bedroom wall 2 days ago and it fell off onto my wife's head this morning as she awoke. I explained that her snoring was too bad - it hasn't gone down too well and I aint sure whether there is any dinner for me tonight!
Both absolutely true and have only happened in the past few days
Old Jan 4th 2010, 4:04 pm
Forum Regular

charlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nice

Originally Posted by daddyofthree
Then you are better than me young man. I took off the kitchen door to sand down because it wouldn't close very well. Something went bloody wrong because I seemed to have shaven off the wrong side - still catching and a big gap at the other side. Of course I explained to my wife that I fully intended on buying her a new door and that I was just practising with my new tool!!
Also, fitted a a picture on the bedroom wall 2 days ago and it fell off onto my wife's head this morning as she awoke. I explained that her snoring was too bad - it hasn't gone down too well and I aint sure whether there is any dinner for me tonight!
Both absolutely true and have only happened in the past few days
i could do with someone like you. do ya want a job lol
Old Jan 4th 2010, 5:59 pm
Forum Regular

wanttobedownunder has a brilliant futurewanttobedownunder has a brilliant futurewanttobedownunder has a brilliant futurewanttobedownunder has a brilliant futurewanttobedownunder has a brilliant futurewanttobedownunder has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by DMP00809
Looking for info if poss?

I have worked as a joiner for several years however have no qualifications.

Does anyone know what would be involved in getting qualified? Any job i have seen advertised asks for qualified joiners.

Thanks
Hi,

I'm in the exact same position as yourself, but heading to Perth as soon as the house sells in the Uk. I found this site.

(http://www.rplcentral.com.au/index.asp)

but have not contacted them to see whats what. If you do please let me know how yow get on.

All the best,

Tony.