Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Carpenter / Blue card ?

Carpenter / Blue card ?

Old Jul 18th 2006, 7:19 pm
Forum Regular

lang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud of
Default Carpenter / Blue card ?

Hi there,

I am a joiner / carpenter and when I leave for OZ I hope to get work as a sub contractor on building sites. I have noticed in some job adverts that a 'Blue card' is required. Can anyone tell me what this card is, and how you go about getting it ?
Thanks for any replys.
Old Jul 19th 2006, 2:34 am
Forum Regular

Secretsquirral has a spectacular aura aboutSecretsquirral has a spectacular aura aboutSecretsquirral has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Carpenter / Blue card ?

Originally Posted by lang81
Hi there,

I am a joiner / carpenter and when I leave for OZ I hope to get work as a sub contractor on building sites. I have noticed in some job adverts that a 'Blue card' is required. Can anyone tell me what this card is, and how you go about getting it ?
Thanks for any replys.
Hi,

My hubby had to get a blue card for working as a wall and floor tiler, he just had to go on a mornings course and it is basically health and safety (another way for the government to get money out of you is what the guy teaching the course insinuated) My hubby said it was mainly common sense, but it has to be done, especially for site work. You can do it online, don't know if you can do it from the Uk though. I think it cost around $70.

Debbie
Old Jul 19th 2006, 7:14 am
Forum Regular

Location: lived in halesworth in suffolk, now on the sunny coast qld
debreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Secretsquirral
Hi,

My hubby had to get a blue card for working as a wall and floor tiler, he just had to go on a mornings course and it is basically health and safety (another way for the government to get money out of you is what the guy teaching the course insinuated) My hubby said it was mainly common sense, but it has to be done, especially for site work. You can do it online, don't know if you can do it from the Uk though. I think it cost around $70.

Debbie

sorry to hijack this tread a bit , but my son has a friend here from UK , he stayed /worked in Sydney for 3 months & got his green card !!! someone said its only valid in NSW & he would have to get bloody blue card to work on site here is this correct ??
like u said another way to get more dosh outa ya .
thanks
another debs x
Old Jul 19th 2006, 7:58 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by debreeve
sorry to hijack this tread a bit , but my son has a friend here from UK , he stayed /worked in Sydney for 3 months & got his green card !!! someone said its only valid in NSW & he would have to get bloody blue card to work on site here is this correct ??
like u said another way to get more dosh outa ya .
thanks
another debs x
Probably! Thats Aussie red tape for you
Old Jul 19th 2006, 8:00 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Secretsquirral
Hi,

Debbie
Have a look at THIS thread
Old Jul 19th 2006, 8:58 am
Kingscliff NSW/QLD border

the plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to all

Blue card ....QLD and Green card....NSW.

I work either side of the border and need both....

all the best plum...
Old Jul 19th 2006, 11:54 am
Forum Regular

richard-elly has much to be proud ofrichard-elly has much to be proud ofrichard-elly has much to be proud ofrichard-elly has much to be proud ofrichard-elly has much to be proud ofrichard-elly has much to be proud ofrichard-elly has much to be proud ofrichard-elly has much to be proud ofrichard-elly has much to be proud ofrichard-elly has much to be proud ofrichard-elly has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by the plumber
Blue card ....QLD and Green card....NSW.

I work either side of the border and need both....

all the best plum...
Its red in Victoria!!
Old Jul 19th 2006, 8:34 pm
Forum Regular

lang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by richard-elly
Its red in Victoria!!
Thanks for your help with this thread. It sounds like an Aussie version of a 'cscs' card which you are preferd to have for site work in the UK.
Good to know that it should be easy to obtain.