cardiologist

Old May 11th 2004, 7:55 pm
Forum Regular

grainne is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy cardiologist

Hubby has high blood pressure and has to go and see a cardiologist .Has any one been to see one and what will they do? how much does it cost?and how do you find one?
Old May 11th 2004, 7:58 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice
Default Re: cardiologist

Originally posted by grainne
Hubby has high blood pressure and has to go and see a cardiologist .Has any one been to see one and what will they do? how much does it cost?and how do you find one?

I've seen one - there's loads of us on here who have - all of us (as far as I know) are fine

I was told I had a hole in my heart - cut a long story short (PM if you need more details) I had to go and see the cardiologist twice and was then given the all clear

Cost (and this bit hurts) £418 in total

Has he had a problems with high BP before??
Old May 11th 2004, 7:58 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Surely your own Doctor will refer you to one.
I'm quite sure HBP can be controlled by drugs though.
Old May 11th 2004, 8:01 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally posted by Bordy
Surely your own Doctor will refer you to one.
I'm quite sure HBP can be controlled by drugs though.

I was referred by my DIMIA Doctor - its quicker this way (going private) though a lot more expensive.
As you need a specific DIMIA approved doctor to do the meds I wasn't sure if you needed an approved consultant or not, so I just went along with it!!
Old May 11th 2004, 10:09 pm
Forum Regular

grainne is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by mlbonner
I was referred by my DIMIA Doctor - its quicker this way (going private) though a lot more expensive.
As you need a specific DIMIA approved doctor to do the meds I wasn't sure if you needed an approved consultant or not, so I just went along with it!!
HI MLBONNER
No problems with B.P before hand.meds done good friday,B.P still not down yesterday (own doctor has him on tablets now).DIMIA doctor does not seem to know were to sent him???she is just going by the med forms

thanks for all you help
Old May 11th 2004, 10:15 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

HI MLBONNER
No problems with B.P before hand.meds done good friday,B.P still not down yesterday (own doctor has him on tablets now).DIMIA doctor does not seem to know were to sent him???she is just going by the med forms

thanks for all you help

Do you know 'how high' it is?? I was told by my cardiologist there is a threshold limit, so even if its above normal it can still fall into the acceptable guidelines (I dont know what these are I'm afraid, but someone might do).
If its only slightly above a letter from your GP stating this and the course of tablets he's on my suffice - though I would check on this, your DIMIA Dr should know I would have thought.

Basically the Aussie Govt allow so much money per person per year for health undertakings, I've never heard of anyone who with high BP has gone over their allowance.

High BP has been covered quite a lot on this forum, as along with high BMI it is something that seems to crop up quite a lot - have you tried doing a search??
Old May 12th 2004, 8:31 am
BE Enthusiast

SuzeM is an unknown quantity at this point

This happened to me, see my thread http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...threadid=90151

Everything turned out ok in the end, and we've been here 18 months now.
Sue