Where and why?

Old May 9th 2004, 2:49 pm
Next stop Gold coast

plumber is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Where and why?

You've done the check it out/holiday trip , heard alsorts of opinions and now it's make your mind up time.

Thought it would be interesting to know where you've decided to settle and why?

all the best plum
Old May 9th 2004, 2:52 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

If I were going to Aus it would be near Brisbane.

Excellent climate (for me), property prices still reasonable, diving not too far away, good size city.
Old May 9th 2004, 2:56 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where and why?

Originally posted by plumber
You've done the check it out/holiday trip , heard alsorts of opinions and now it's make your mind up time.

all the best plum
We're hoping for Brisbane in '05. Reasons? Climate, city facilities but it's not a big city - also seems to take itself less seriously than say Melbourne or Sydney, if you see what I mean, house prices (although that 'benefit' seems to be disappearing rapidly) and I have a mate on the Gold Coast.
Old May 9th 2004, 3:09 pm
Next stop Gold coast

I'm off to the Goldcoast !

The way it's looking maybe down sizing to a shed........but a least it will be my shed!!!

all the best plum
Old May 9th 2004, 3:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

Were ( hopefully) off to Perth, northern suberbs. My husbands mum, sister & brother all live out there.
Have been there 3 times now & love it ! Just didnt want to leave my sis , but now they are applying to emigrate aswell so very happy !

Nicky
Old May 9th 2004, 3:19 pm
Next stop Gold coast

Well done Nicky...........must be a great help to have some family out there , for back up!

all the best plum
Old May 9th 2004, 3:24 pm
The Outback Beast

fogmeister is an unknown quantity at this point

Melbourne!!,
Because it's the furthest place away from Jaguar cars and the Midlands.
Old May 9th 2004, 4:45 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Brisbane - most suitable climate

Oz Govmt stats say:
Most jobs in my sector
Least populated of the major cities
Favourable unemployment %
Ratio female to male managers good
Sunshine / daylight hrs favourable
Health spending per public sector good
Schools good
House prices most favourable
Brisbane centre within reasonable driving distance

Blah....blah...blah.....

Old May 9th 2004, 5:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Billabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really nice

Apparently, we've got to go to Brisbane because that where Plumbers going.

My daughter would never forgive me

ROFLMAO
Old May 9th 2004, 5:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

all the best plum
Plum
as you already know we are also off to the Gold Coast We are going there as my husband works in the tourism industry and we like it
Old May 9th 2004, 6:19 pm
Next stop Gold coast

Is it still the brides father that pays for the wedding?

all the best plum:scared:
Old May 9th 2004, 6:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond repute

all the best plum

We originally planned on going to the Gold Coast, unfortunately we dont have enough points, so the other option was to go for STNI and we plan on making the most of it in Victoria, and after 2 years if we are still up for the Gold Coast, so be it we will give that a go as well.

Good luck on wherever you all end up.
Old May 9th 2004, 6:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

pockygoes will become famous soon enough

Perth for us, we liked the east coast & particularly Brisbane but we just knew as soon as we landed in Perth that it had to be! We love South of Perth & hope to be there in January. Still loads for us to see in Perth before we make a definate decision on where to settle but it would take a bomb to change our minds at the moment!!

pockygoes
Old May 9th 2004, 8:00 pm

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

hopefully bris for us i think the climate has a lot to do with it
Old May 9th 2004, 8:38 pm
Forum Regular

Elvis is an unknown quantity at this point

Definately Perth for us, but that's because we've a young family.
Lived in Sydney b4 & liked it, but went on a rekkie trip last year & visited both Perth & Sydney.
Perth was so clean & appealed to us because as I've already said that we've young children & ticked every box for us as a family.
Not knocking anywhere else in Oz but it's everyone to their own!!!!
All the best
Katrina

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.