Wikiposts

Carbon tax

Old Jul 10th 2011, 4:42 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Carbon tax

Juliar & Co have already sealed their fates
Old Jul 10th 2011, 4:47 pm
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry
Juliar & Co have already sealed their fates
Can't we sell this Carbon stuff to China like everything else?

I cant debate this politics in this country. There is no debate to be had. Its schoolboy stuff at best.

Boris Johnson should emigrate and become PM then it'd be worth talking about. PingPong is coming home I tell you.
Old Jul 10th 2011, 5:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Another lefty tax the rich scheme encouraging more of the wealthy to base themselves abroad.
Old Jul 10th 2011, 5:33 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Carbon tax

Originally Posted by Bix
Consumption or population aint gonna decrease anytime soon, in fact the reverse is true, so you have to toss these in there too:

#3 - generate energy by cleaner methods.

#4 - neutralize the pollution.
By golly Bix, you’ve got it! We’ll simply recycle our carbon dioxide from cars into crude oil. Why did no scientist think of this before?

There was a geoengineering team from the United States of Canadialand who suggested pumping Sulphur Dioxide into the upper atmosphere (We assumes using a hose attached to balloon?) that would stop global warming but that didn’t go down well with people who just think we would be better off giving up our addiction to cheap energy.
Old Jul 10th 2011, 5:48 pm
Forum Regular

Brisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to behold

Lots of references in Joolia speak to "carbon pollution"

Carbon is not a pollutant is it? Does she mean carbon dioxide? Which again is not a pollutant. Does she mean greenhouse gas? Does she even know what she means?

Apparently the human body is 18% carbon. I reckon Joolia's head is about 18% of her total self. I wish I was a climate scientist, I would conclude that therefore we should remove Joolia's head and embark on a carbon-locking program with it.
Old Jul 10th 2011, 5:55 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JoeBloggs80
I've got no problem with it.

They actually seem to have used it as an excuse to reform tax structure for the better.
And that's the agenda - social engineering.

For the carbon tax to actually work (and assuming the objective is to reduce emissions by lowering consumption) the lower paid should in fact be hit hardest (BTW, I'm not advocating that, merely following a logical line of thought.)

The logic is that, if you are spending all your income the only way to make the budget balance is to reduce power usage. If you are "well off" you just carry on as usual and pay the extra on the utility bills.

Like everything else this lot do, arse about face. And the other lot haven't a clue, either.

:thumb down:: thumbdown:
Old Jul 10th 2011, 6:04 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Is she going to tax the largest producers of co2 on the planet? These pesky volcanoes that keep erupting? Just asking.....
Old Jul 10th 2011, 6:21 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by quoll
Ah, but some government moron on talkback radio this morning was trying to assure us that it isnt a carbon TAX at all, it is an emissions trading scheme - that's the way the Liarminister is getting out of her promise "there will be no carbon tax under the government I lead" pre election.

It looks very much as if we are following our elders - back in the day of the superstitious, they would sacrifice virgins (and poor old Agamemnon topping his daughter Iphigenia) to get better weather for their endeavours. Nowadays they are sacrificing economies instead.

Love this youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvObf...layer_embedded
An interesting and entertaining movie. By Roy Spencer, who also believes in intelligent design rather than evolution.

The interesting question is: who actually paid for the movie? It's extremely well produced, so much so that I doubt that Roy Spencer did it. My guess would be Exxon & friends - it's what they have done for years, using proxies to further their cause.
Old Jul 10th 2011, 6:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

aussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Charismatic
But you have to look like you are doing something because it will give you the moral high ground in international politics.

Anyway even if you aren't that taken by arguments or data supporting a global warming hypothesis it would be a good idea to get a grip on using fossil resources in the long term. So you offer people a carrot and stick, then take away the carrot later .
The point is we have no coice over what type of energy we consume, my understanding is that reneweable energy suitable for base load power generation is DECADES away.....
Old Jul 10th 2011, 6:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

aussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brisneyland
Lots of references in Joolia speak to "carbon pollution"

Carbon is not a pollutant is it? Does she mean carbon dioxide? Which again is not a pollutant. Does she mean greenhouse gas? Does she even know what she means?

Apparently the human body is 18% carbon. I reckon Joolia's head is about 18% of her total self. I wish I was a climate scientist, I would conclude that therefore we should remove Joolia's head and embark on a carbon-locking program with it.
Carbon dioxide is invisible and I am heartily sick of TV shows showing overseas factories belching out smoke whenever they are taling about the carbon tax...
Old Jul 10th 2011, 6:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Charismatic
By golly Bix, you’ve got it! We’ll simply recycle our carbon dioxide from cars into crude oil. Why did no scientist think of this before?

There was a geoengineering team from the United States of Canadialand who suggested pumping Sulphur Dioxide into the upper atmosphere (We assumes using a hose attached to balloon?) that would stop global warming but that didn’t go down well with people who just think we would be better off giving up our addiction to cheap energy.
According to Gllard and Co Australia and Australians have no right to cheap energy, we have to use ridicously and inefficent renewable energy while we export our coal to developing countries to use cheaply while polluting OUR atmosphere.... please someone on the ALP side DEFECT, DEFECT!
Old Jul 10th 2011, 6:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GarryP
But still less of a clown than Tony, and there's the problem.

The general standard of strategic thinking, planning and implementation in Australian politicians is at about high school level. None of them are actually up to the job they want, and some are so inept that barely scrap primary school standards (that's nah, nah, no Tony).

So far the Greens seem to be the closest to the adults in the room. They at least point out that for it to have an effect, its got to hurt, and petrol has to be included.

Carbon taxes are a last ditch backup measure to address the reality that Australia isn't mature enough to do anything significant for the past two decades, and they need to be smacked so they stop playing up and start moving.
Totally disgree. Give me Tony over Juliar every day of the week/ Abbott has common sense and wouldn't sell his soul to the devil for power unlike HER. Can't stand her, and her address to the nation nearly made with incandescent with rage.
Old Jul 10th 2011, 6:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GarryP
But still less of a clown than Tony, and there's the problem.

The general standard of strategic thinking, planning and implementation in Australian politicians is at about high school level. None of them are actually up to the job they want, and some are so inept that barely scrap primary school standards (that's nah, nah, no Tony).

So far the Greens seem to be the closest to the adults in the room. They at least point out that for it to have an effect, its got to hurt, and petrol has to be included.

Carbon taxes are a last ditch backup measure to address the reality that Australia isn't mature enough to do anything significant for the past two decades, and they need to be smacked so they stop playing up and start moving.
BTW, if the carbon tax is such an amazingly GREAT idea, why is the rest of the world NOT doing it? On the one hand you denigrate Australian politicians as sub-standard, then you claim the carbon tax is a fantastic idea (as long as it's ramped up, which will happen don't you worry about that)

Last edited by aussietobe; Jul 10th 2011 at 7:13 pm.
Old Jul 10th 2011, 6:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by roaringmouse
The way the tax is set up won't work for reducing either carbon emissions or pollution. However saying that, we would be a household better off when it kicks in next July. So I'm neither for it, nor against it!
You will be better off for a few years because the government has to sell you, the voter, the tax. For it to work, however it wil have to be ramped up BIG TIME without the same level of compensation.
Old Jul 10th 2011, 6:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

JoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aussietobe
Totally disgree. Give me Tony over Juliar every day of the week/ Abbott has common sense and wouldn't sell his soul to the devil for power unlike HER. Can't stand her, and her address to the nation nearly made with incandescent with rage.
I'm no real fan of Gillard but Abbott has about as much common sense as a labotomised monkey

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.