Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Car Tyre Punctures

Car Tyre Punctures

Old Jan 23rd 2014, 10:08 am
Forum Regular

blackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of light
Default Car Tyre Punctures

The car is in the garage and has two flat tyres, not one but two, and i only have one spare which is also flat?

I need to get the tyres off one by one and fix all three?

Has anyone ever used this.

http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/onl...d=130242#Cross

My friend swears by the kits, her tyre has done over 20,000 k's on the tyre which her hubby repaired with the kit above. Are they safe to use, is it the same way they reapir your tyre at Kwik Fit and charge you 40 bucks or more?

Thanks for any help.
Old Jan 23rd 2014, 12:12 pm
Almost more Oz than Pom

KJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Car Tyre Punctures

Yes they work, yes they will last for a long time - but be careful because there are many regulations regarding tyres and whilst no-one is going to do you for using one of these repairs to get you out of a hole it may be illegal to run a repaired tyre for a long time.

Get any repair checked by a tyre professional.
Old Jan 23rd 2014, 12:33 pm
Forum Regular

blackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by KJCherokee
Yes they work, yes they will last for a long time - but be careful because there are many regulations regarding tyres and whilst no-one is going to do you for using one of these repairs to get you out of a hole it may be illegal to run a repaired tyre for a long time.

Get any repair checked by a tyre professional.
Cheers KJ.

I need to get the car from the unit to the road without f%%king up the tyres, so if i can repair two myself, it gives me the option to see BobTMart. How much is it for a tyre repair? Do they plug and internally patch the hole or just plug? Because patching internally requires the tyre taking off the rim.
Old Jan 23rd 2014, 2:37 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by blackcab
Cheers KJ.

I need to get the car from the unit to the road without f%%king up the tyres, so if i can repair two myself, it gives me the option to see BobTMart. How much is it for a tyre repair? Do they plug and internally patch the hole or just plug? Because patching internally requires the tyre taking off the rim.
Tyre repair is about $30

I have been running a repaired tyre for 3 years on my VW
Old Jan 23rd 2014, 7:33 pm
Spud

spuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Get a pair of axle stands from Supercheap, jack up the car and take both wheels off leaving the axle stands in place. That way you can get your tyres fixed properly, less chance of them going flat again and less worry all round.

I would also be trying to find out why your tyres are going flat - sabotage maybe ?
Old Jan 23rd 2014, 8:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure how they repaired it but cost me $30 last week in bob james Cleveland
Old Jan 24th 2014, 6:42 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Tyre repair is about $30

I have been running a repaired tyre for 3 years on my VW
Thankyou
Old Jan 24th 2014, 6:43 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by spuddyo
Get a pair of axle stands from Supercheap, jack up the car and take both wheels off leaving the axle stands in place. That way you can get your tyres fixed properly, less chance of them going flat again and less worry all round.

I would also be trying to find out why your tyres are going flat - sabotage maybe ?
My wife is down there now with the jack and axle stands, she doing a fine job.

The spare has a puncture, the other two very slow punctures but she is busy with the foot pump as i write. Thankyou
Old Jan 24th 2014, 6:44 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bobbyftm
Not sure how they repaired it but cost me $30 last week in bob james Cleveland
Thankyou, will take the car tomorrow once she has pumped up the tyres. i reckon 100 bucks for the three.

Thanks
Old Jan 24th 2014, 1:02 pm
Forum Regular

Icecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by blackcab
Thankyou, will take the car tomorrow once she has pumped up the tyres. i reckon 100 bucks for the three.

Thanks
Now adays they can effectively weld a seal to the inside of the tyre and fix small holes.

If the hole is too big it may be beyond a patch and a new set of rubber needs to be invested in.
Old Jan 24th 2014, 1:03 pm
Forum Regular

Icecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Icecube
Now adays they can effectively weld a seal to the inside of the tyre and fix small holes.

If the hole is too big it may be beyond a patch and a new set of rubber needs to be invested in.
PS. The slow leak may be due to the wheel rim being damaged.....going over a pot hole, hitting the curb etc. This is also and expense issue to get fixed.
Old Jan 24th 2014, 1:34 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Icecube
PS. The slow leak may be due to the wheel rim being damaged.....going over a pot hole, hitting the curb etc. This is also and expense issue to get fixed.
I thought that you know, the two rear tyres no visible leaks....I pumped them up real high last week as the entrance to the unit is real low, so it lifted the car higher to clear the road when the front spoiler nearly contacts the road....

I'll get her to get under the car tomorrow have a proper look, she only did a half job today......

Thanks
Old Jan 25th 2014, 6:33 am
Forum Regular

Pumped them up today and they stayed up yet Thursday I visibly watched one go down in front of my own eyes. Took both to the local garage visual checks nothing.! Dunked in the water bath no air bubbles.....Something don't sit right here....
Old Jan 25th 2014, 8:22 am
TGA
Banned

TGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know what it is, the inferior aussie tyres or the state of the roads but something's not right.. Just take a drive up the GCHW and count how many blown out tyres you see at the side of the road!!
Old Jan 25th 2014, 12:19 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by TGA
I don't know what it is, the inferior aussie tyres or the state of the roads but something's not right.. Just take a drive up the GCHW and count how many blown out tyres you see at the side of the road!!
Reckon what has happened.

Thursday night it was a huracane storm here in Bris, i went out in the middle of it, puddles everywhere, these were not normal puddles, these were verging on floods. I drove for a good hour Ascot to St Lucia and back and there were traffic all over, it was a nightmare. I reckon all the water had something to do with it, i stood the car in the garage, and watched as one tyre deflated slowly, it was soaked, the car was. I reckon the seal got broke, maybe the water got into the rim or the tyre? But there is no puncture, i put 32 psi in it today, and it is still 32 psi now. So something does not add up. Must be the water and the seal?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.