Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Car Tyre Punctures

Car Tyre Punctures

Old Jan 25th 2014, 11:26 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Car Tyre Punctures

Originally Posted by TGA
I don't know what it is, the inferior aussie tyres or the state of the roads but something's not right.. Just take a drive up the GCHW and count how many blown out tyres you see at the side of the road!!
Most of those will be truck tyres - under massive pressure, huge loads etc

Modern car tyres are incredibly reliable and genuine blow-outs are rare
Old Jan 25th 2014, 11:35 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by blackcab
The car is in the garage and has two flat tyres, not one but two, and i only have one spare which is also flat?

I need to get the tyres off one by one and fix all three?

Has anyone ever used this.

http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/onl...d=130242#Cross

My friend swears by the kits, her tyre has done over 20,000 k's on the tyre which her hubby repaired with the kit above. Are they safe to use, is it the same way they reapir your tyre at Kwik Fit and charge you 40 bucks or more?

Thanks for any help.
I use them all the time and dont even take the tyres of the car. Takes all of a couple of minutes.
Old Jan 26th 2014, 12:12 am
Forum Regular

blackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Siren & Brian
I use them all the time and dont even take the tyres of the car. Takes all of a couple of minutes.
Really, so there not just a temporary measure? I don't have a puncture, but i will buy some just incase i get in a pickle. Thanks for the info
Old Jan 27th 2014, 1:10 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Really, so there not just a temporary measure? I don't have a puncture, but i will buy some just incase i get in a pickle. Thanks for the info

Yeah. Im on building sites every day so getting nails, screws in tyres is regular occurance. Works a charm. How do you think they do it at the Tyre places.
Old Jan 27th 2014, 1:34 am
Forum Regular

blackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Siren & Brian
Yeah. Im on building sites every day so getting nails, screws in tyres is regular occurance. Works a charm. How do you think they do it at the Tyre places.
I thought they took the tyre off and patched from the inside? Along with a plug. Can't the plug pop out at high speed under pressure?
Old Jan 27th 2014, 8:49 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

I thought they took the tyre off and patched from the inside? Along with a plug. Can't the plug pop out at high speed under pressure?
Not very often. I've used them when I was into off-roading in the U.K. My Landy had quite a few of them in some tyres.
Your problem sounds like a leaking rim, a foot pump just doesn't have the umph the compressor at the servo has so won't reseat the tyre properly. Now you've taken it there you probably fixed it yourself.
Old Jan 27th 2014, 4:01 pm
Forum Regular

Icecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud of

No the plug won't come out....if properly fitted....as it is effectively heat welded to the wall of the tyre. I find that the can's of gunk that have been mentioned before are more of a temporary solution and won't really substitute for getting the tyre properly fixed for only a few $'s
Old Jan 27th 2014, 9:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Most of those will be truck tyres - under massive pressure, huge loads etc

Modern car tyres are incredibly reliable and genuine blow-outs are rare
'the inferior Aussie tyres'..

Little Englander alert! There are a variety of tyres on sale in Australia: there are some I would not put on my daughter's toy stroller: and others I would go for everytime.
Old Jan 28th 2014, 2:40 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Don't settle for quick and easy fixes when you and your family's safety is at stake. Best to follow this advice
Old Jan 28th 2014, 9:58 am
Forum Regular

Icecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by paulry
Don't settle for quick and easy fixes when you and your family's safety is at stake. Best to follow this advice
Very sage advise especially when the 4 bits of rubber is all that is between you and the road (and possibly the next accident)
Old Jan 28th 2014, 11:08 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Stay safe mate
Old Jan 28th 2014, 7:21 pm
Spud

spuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond repute

My wife is down there now with the jack and axle stands, she doing a fine job.
When she has finished with yours, can you send her down here my car needs servicing