Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

car question(i know not again)

car question(i know not again)

Old Dec 9th 2008, 4:28 pm
ASHO

ASHO is just really niceASHO is just really niceASHO is just really niceASHO is just really niceASHO is just really niceASHO is just really niceASHO is just really niceASHO is just really niceASHO is just really nice
Default car question(i know not again)

can anyone tell me how to find a registered WA car valuer to value our car ready to ship
Old Dec 10th 2008, 12:46 am
Tribu dei Chihuahua

squeezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud of
Default Re: car question(i know not again)

Al, what do you need this for -AND WHY DIDNT YOU E-ME?
here is a valuers listed in osbourne park their fax no. is 9244 1022 they say they do all valuations and list motor vehicles as one of them. they may be able to help with your query nat x
Old Dec 10th 2008, 1:45 am
BE Enthusiast

BATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to all
Default Re: car question(i know not again)

Originally Posted by ASHO
can anyone tell me how to find a registered WA car valuer to value our car ready to ship
mine's just been valued in Perth. My customs agent organised it. The valuer was -
R Morley & Assoc - 55 Outlook Drive, Edgewater, WA 6027. tel - 08-9206 3112
As TVRs have never been sold here, he seems to have taken the UK 2nd hand value and converted it to dollars. Luckily the pound is down against the dollar so that was in my favour. For customs duty & GST they have deducted the cost of shipping from the valuation. in all I paid way less in duty & gst than I expected. should clear customs this week once I have paid all the final bills. Woo hoo !!
p.s. I heard one horror story from a removals company when we were getting quotes for a container of personal effects. They were shipping a TVR Tuscan to Oz and had got a quote from Oz Customs as to value. As TVRs have never been sold in Oz, Customs had nothing to go on so valued it at $250,000!!! This is for a GBP20,000 car. The owner was expecting to pay 20% tax & duty on this and shipped it anyway. I told the removals company that this was the WRONG way to do it and to pass on my advice that the owner should get a valuer to value it on arrival. No idea if this info was passed on, but i hope for his sake it was. An expensive error by the removals company !
Moral ? Get a professional car shipper to ship your car not a removals company. I used Karman shipping who have done a good job (EXCEPT the idiot who put the car in the container has damaged the door by bashing it into the side of the container whilst getting out of the vehicle after steering it in.) They strap it down properly (essentail...wooden chocs are also worthwhile) and pass you onto competent agents this end to handle customs, AQIS, valuation etc. Make sure the car is spotless inside and out (and underneath) otherwise you'll pay for transporting & cleaning it. Also, if you value your car do not even consider Ro-Ro ferries. Chances are it will get damaged....but then mine did and it was in its own container.
p.p.s. the valuer will need to see the car to give a valuation. otherwise for a rough idea, look on carsales.com.au for a comparable vehicle then deduct about 35%. Personal import vehicles are worth less than those imported here thru dealers and they have to carry a plate to say they are personal imports. When you come to sell, do not expect to get the same price for your PI car as the local market is asking. You won't.