Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Shipping Company reccomendations

Shipping Company reccomendations

Old Dec 9th 2008, 8:22 pm
Just Joined

Davensara is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Shipping Company reccomendations

Hi we are planning to come out to Perth in January, and will be getting quotes, can anyone reccomend a company who will not lose, damage or steal my stuff and also not rip me off. I also need to bring my beloved dog out, so anyone done that and theirs have come through it without be traumatised.

Many thanks, open to all advice

Sara
Old Dec 9th 2008, 11:39 pm
mmmmmm duff

MarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Shipping Company reccomendations

Hi

We brought our two dogs out with Airpets they were brilliant and the dogs arrived safe and well. As for shipping companies we have had a nightmare with Burke Brothers so i would avoid them.
Good luck with your move
Old Dec 9th 2008, 11:49 pm
Forum Regular

ShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really nice

Can't help with the pets but I brought everything over from the Uk and used John Masons. They were fab at both ends and very competitive too. If you search on here you'll see loads of posts about shipping companies to help you decide. Good luck.
Old Dec 10th 2008, 12:20 am
Just Joined

hamfam is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Davensara
Hi we are planning to come out to Perth in January, and will be getting quotes, can anyone reccomend a company who will not lose, damage or steal my stuff and also not rip me off. I also need to bring my beloved dog out, so anyone done that and theirs have come through it without be traumatised.

Sara
Hi, We have been living in Sydney for 2 years, but returned to the UK in July
to clean up our home and prepare it for renting out.
We had all our furniture, everything you can think off shipped over to Sydney, we are still in the process of buying a home in Sydney so the shipping company are storing our container until we move into our own home in sydney.
I used Britannia - removals, storage and international shipping.
the contact is Christopher Reeve 01245 267846

Britannia are very professional wrapped everything in tissue paper then placed recorded in boxes, labeled and cross checked, Sofa's etc were put in cocoons and fully protected. Then everybox was carefully stored in a container and logged. Britannia use a computer tablet to estiamte and work the volume of your furniture so the container size is correct, everthing has a volume measure from video's to coffee mugs.

I had no problem at all, and they spent two days packing using four chaps.
They know every detail about shipping and advised me not to ship golf clubs garden furniture and hosepipes etc. I ignored this advice and had to pay a gamma radiation charge and another cleaning charge because the inventory said i had these items and the Australian customs were nervous of bugs, rust, mould and disease that might be on them, even though i spent a day cleaning like mad, 400 pounds or they would destroy them for slightly less.

I think Britannia are an old long established company who seem to know ever thing about shipping to Australia, I also found them reasonable on cost but bought there experience and knowledge - I can't replace my family photo's!!!

hamilton family
Old Dec 10th 2008, 12:32 am
Just Joined

Anna82 is an unknown quantity at this point

I used Britannia when I moved to Dubai a few years ago and was disappointed with their service to say the least. Six of my cartons went missing never to be found and upon arrival they tried billing me extra charges despite losing some of my stuff!!

Moving over to Australia we used Across the Ocean Shipping and they were great from start to finish. Our goods arrived when they said they would and they kept us updated throughout the duration of our shipment. I would definitely use them again should the need arise.
Old Dec 10th 2008, 4:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

We used Britannia earlier this year when we moved to Tas from Somerset. Was very pleased with their service, the only negative point I'd make was the vastly over estimated on the container, despite coming out to the survey, they told us we were right near the limit of a 20ft container, so we got rid of some extra stuff only to find on the day that there was loads of room left and we could have easily taken all that stuff that we gave away for peanuts!

Incidentally 2 other companies also worked out about the same with the capacity as well.

However they packed everything really well, were very polite and efficient, and with the exception of one chipped vase, everything arrived in perfect condition

Good luck with your plans

Sam
Old Dec 10th 2008, 4:49 am
Forum Regular

FrankB is just really niceFrankB is just really niceFrankB is just really niceFrankB is just really niceFrankB is just really niceFrankB is just really niceFrankB is just really niceFrankB is just really nice

I know that Crown is very good but bloody hell expensive. What I can tell you for sure ... don't use Wridgeways.

These guys are thiefs and will rib you off. They tried to charge several additional amounts for something they have never done. Some things were damaged and they were absolutely reluctant to pay compensation or replace the stuff.

Good Luck!
Old Dec 10th 2008, 5:01 am
Chelle66

Chelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Davensara

Sara
I can't help with the pets, but our furniture was shipped with Anglo Pacific. They were really good. Nothing broken and everything packed really well. They packed everything in UK and unpacked everything here in Perth. The only problem we had was the time it took to get here, but that wasn't the agents fault. That was mainly down to customs. We were very pleased with the service.